Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Aching in Butt Rss

Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone else has been experiencing pain in their butt.

I have been getting pain in my left butt, its a dull pain, not sharp, sometimes gets really sore, starts when I have been walking, I sit down (is worse when in the car) and everytime I move or when getting up and down it really hurts. Has been getting worse lately.

Would love to hear from anyone who has this or knows what it might be

Chrissy

mum2 AJ 05, Mary-Jane 04, Rachael 99 & Jonothan 94

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Chrissy,

Sounds like sciatica and yep its from bub pressing down on nerves.I got it late in pg with Jack but have experienced it much earlier with this pg. I think they recommend lying on the opposite side to the pain. Check with your midwife.

Speak to you soon!
Lis : )
Hi thanks for the comments, think I'll ring my modwife tomorrow.

I always thout Sciatica was a sharp shooting pain down your thigh, maybe it can be felt in other areas.

Anyway and suggestions for easing would be greatly appreciated

Chrissy

hi I'm Chantelle i'm due on the 19th of May 2004 and have had similar pains especially when i'm sitting the car. My partner drives all the time and when we go out i found that sitting with my legs crossed takes alot of the pressure away.
My pain isnt on one side though it is really deep in near my tailbone and very sore to press. I'm not sure when your bubs is due but my pain became ALOT worse when bubby engaged nearly 5 weeks ago i hope it goes away soon or at least straight after he is born.
goodluck with everything!

chantelle+1,hobart,tas

HI Chantelle, I am due 19 July, so another 10 to 13 weeks to go.

and I have this pain for a few months now gradually getting worse.

With your bub being engagded already you might be early.

HI all, spoke with my midwife today, and she said it is sciatica, but when it is in the butt it is hard to treat, just have to try and strecth it.

But please if you have any suggestions to releive the pain please let me know

Thanks

hey chrissy
i had the same pain but my too was going down my left leg too it was the baby sitting on the synatic (cant spell it) nerve, i went to physio and got it rubbed, try swimming it takes the weiight off the baby it feels good thats what i did most off the time, id come home from work then head out for a swim... try those,
the mid wife im my case physio gave me some streatches to do....see them either them for the streatches.......

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi all,
I am another in the same boat. I have found that I can relieve the pain by kneeling on the ground and leaning over resting on the lounge (or something of similar height) - on all fours. While there, place a hot water bottle or heat pack on the sore area/s. You may have to stay there for half hour or so but its worth it. Hope this might help you - I find it great

Sheree, mum to 2 plus 1 on the way (dd 31-5-06)

Hi Kaz_april and mumagain, thanks for the suggestions.

The last 2 and a bit weeks have been very hard, My Husbands Mum passed away on 28/04/04, she had been in a coma for 5 days before that so we were at the hospital almost all day every day. Then as she was Maori we went to her Tangi (maori funeral) at their home marae which is a 5 hour drive from home. We spent 3 nights at the marae, which ment sleeping on thin matresses on the floor, not that I got much sleep as it was very uncomfortable. Some times the pain was pretty bad but their was not much I could do about it. Now that we are back at home the pain seems to have eased a bit, but then again this past week we havent done much at all, the day we came home I came down with a really bad dose of the cold.

Will keep your sugegstions in mind next time I have the pain really bad.

I am 30 weeks now so not too much longer to go......

Thanks again

Sign in to follow this topic