Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. 2 days overdue and baby no where to be seen

2 days overdue and baby no where to be seen Rss

Hi there, i am currently 2 days overdue and to my utter disapointment bubs doesn't seem to want to come out any time soon.

I had and internal done 4 days ago and they told me that my cervix is not ripe and firmly closed.

Any ideas on how to bring on labour?
We have tried sex (of course)..... to no avail.
Raspberry leaf tea... same outcome (nothing at all)
Castor oil (i tried this with my daughter and i was toilet bound for a week)
and nipple stimulation (to no avail. yet again)

So anything other than this please post a reply

I BEG YOU!!!

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Hiya

I am in the exact same boat - 2 days over - but found out last night that bubs isn't in the right position so will more than likely be havig a c section next week.

I tried all those things but at least i know now why nothing happened smile

maybe try some long walks?

let us know how you get on - I'm sure you'll go before me. I'f you want to talk more my email is stephaniedavy@optusnet.com.au

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Long walks haven't been doing the trick either. I went and saw the midwife today and she said that my cervix is getting riper. Hopefully the "strip and stretch" will do the trick. They told me that if nothing happens by Tuesday they will talk about inducing me. So we will at least have bubs before Easter. Which is only a week away grin
Good luck with your bubs, how is he/she lying? i heard that if it is breach you should get down on your hands and knees with your bum up in the air and your head on the ground for 45 minutes, this usally makes the baby turn. Worth a try at least.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

bubs is laying semi transverse kinda diagonal but the major prob is its laying postier so that is what the dr is unhappy about I think.

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Neena was 10 days overdue, i did the long walks, hot spicy food, SEX!!!! everything the books say except thet spoonful of castor oil or whatever they say, i couldn't bring myself to it!
In the end the doc booked me in to be induced on the Wednesday and Neena made her grand entrance on the Monday!!!!! I think they just come when thy're ready, try to hold off on being induced if you can as it is so unnatural and can be alot worse than natural (well thats what my doc said). Im glad i wasn't induced, i ended up having a quick labour of 5.5 hours or so and no drugs at all, which was a surprise as Neena was almost 10 pounds!!!
GOOD LUCK AND HANG IN THERE!!!!

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

Sign in to follow this topic