Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Morning Sickness - Can It Predicit Sex Of Baby?

Morning Sickness - Can It Predicit Sex Of Baby? Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I have been talking this over with friends and would love to hear from others regarding this topic.

I have done a study with 10 pregnant women (who have now all had babies - including myself) to see whether the amount of morning sickness you suffer from can predicit the sex of the baby.

My conclusion in the study has been this:-

Really bad morning sickness and sickness that lasts longer than 12 weeks - baby is a boy.

Less frequent morning sickness and sickness that only last during the 12 - 16 weeks - baby is a girl.

What do you think?

Luckiest Mum In The World

hi there

well i definitly dont fit your theory lol,
i threw up all day everday for my first 2 pregnancies until the day that they were born, they were girls and this time i only threw up in the morning and it stopped at 20 weeks but still a girl!
in my family our theory is simply if you chuck its a girl if not its a boy!!!! based on approx 17 pregnancies!

but seriously i think its a load of rubbish and it depends on the mum and bub and all the other normal factors

violet

Charlie 5, Imee 3, Laura 13mths, and ttc #4!

I don't fit either! Bad with my first, over by 13 weeks-a girl. Next was even worse, from 4-15 weeks-twin girls. This time very mild, hardly noticeable nausea, and was told last week it's a boy! Sorry to ruin the theory!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Hi all,
Well for my first two pg's i was only a little ill and it stopped at 12 weeks and they were both girls . This time round i have been extreamly sick and it is still going strong at 15 weeks, so i will be interested to see which way it goes i will post when i find out.
Synni

mum of three girls (99,02,06)

i don't fit this teory either i was really sick for the whole 38 weeks i was pregnant they gave me everything they could to try and stop it but it didn't work i was in and out of hospital that many times i should have stayed there until the birth.
i had my frst child which is a girl on 11/10/05 .

cassie x

cassie,qld,6wk baby

I dont fit in to that either, I was so sick with my first pregnancy vomiting all day and night till well after 15 weeks and I had a girl, and now am pregnant with no2 and no morning sickness what so ever, but I dont know what this one is yet we might find out at the scan. And for the hair and reflux/heartburn thing, I did get really bad heartburn/reflux last time and she was born with really thick long black hair smile so i dont think you can ever know, its the luck of the draw smile
Sign in to follow this topic