Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

baby showers Rss

Hi everyone.
I really want a baby shower but have been told that I should get someone else to throw one for me.
How do I go about this?

Alicia and Zackari

Hi,

Usually a family member or friend throws a baby shower for you. My Mum, sister and cousin organised mine. I had it at my place and helped cooked but generally they did all the organising. Its a fun afternoon and you will get lots of nice things for the baby. I had mine about 1 month before I was due so you would probably need to start organising something soon.
If no one has mentioned this to you, I would just bring in up in conversation with a family member or friend. If you tell them you a thinking of having a baby shower, I'm sure someone would offer to help and you can also be apart of it.

All the best

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

Thanks for your reply. I will have to have a talk with some of my friends soon as I live 4 hours from my family.

Alicia and Zackari

Don't be like me.
I assumed someone would throw one for me but nobody did and i didnt get to have one. i cried for two days when i was 39wks preg and no baby shower. sad make sure u ask someone

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

I had someone offer but had another friend who I wanted to organise it. Then we had another friend offer to help so the three of us ended up doing it together. I gave one of them a list of things I still needed or really wanted and if anyone asked what i wanted I got them to go to my friend and she could cross it off the list so I didn't get any doubles. I felt pretty scungy telling people what to get but most people REALLY want to get you something you want or more importantly need and they don't mind paying a bit extra if they know you'll use it.

One thing I did learn is that if you have friends who don't want or can't have kids discuss the party with them before hand as we had a few "episodes" at my party during to soooo much baby talk that some people didn't like it. As it was my day I felt upset by it all and I guess you need to explain that baby stuff takes up the whole day, I suppose because none of my friends are close to having babies they didn't know what to expect.

Anyway that was supposed to be a short post smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Thanks for the replies. I had a talk with one of my workmates and they are going to throw me a shower in 2 weeks. I really appreciate the replies that I have had with this post. I hope everyone's pregnancies are going well. Good luck to everyone and thanks again.

Alicia and Zackari

Hey!! Good luck with your baby shower! They always look like so much fun when you see them on tele ... I always wanted to have one, but no-one ever threw me one! Maybe next time hey? I think it's cool if you do fun things at the baby shower like not just sit around talking ... you may think this is corny but i saw it on a show recently. At this baby shower, the woman holding the shower brought out a roll of toilet paper and passed it round to all the women; they each had to pull off the length that they thought would fit perfectly around the 'mum to be' tummy! You know, just a little fun to get everyone involved!! Anyway that's all for now. Good luck.

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Yeah good luck with the shower Alicia. Let us know how it goes.

I am like Brandons mum, always wanted one cause they look like so much fun, but I don't think I will get one sad Both my sisters are younger and have no experience with babies or showers so I think the thought hasn't even crossed their minds.

When friends have asked when my shower is I have explained I don't think I'm having one cause of the above reasons and so far 5 friends have offered to throw one for me instead BUT I haven't heard anything more than the offers. Oh well!

At what stage of the pregnancy do you normally have them anyway?

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi Jo

I had mine about a month before my bubs is due.

If you want one be forthright with your friends cos you'll regret it if you don't say anything and they don't organise it.

And i don't see anything wrong with you organising your own.

goodluck

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

hey steph ... not long to go now!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hey Steph, I just had to say that 26th March would be a good date to have your baby, my birthday!!!
Good luck with it all and let us know when you have bubs.

Alicia and Zackari

If you've missed out on having the baby shower, don't worry, tell those around you not to buy flowers in the hospital but to buy small gifts for the baby instead....

Daniella, Sydney, 15 month old

Sign in to follow this topic