Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

overdue!! Rss

I am pregnant with my 2nd baby. My first is 16 months now. I am 10 days overdue and not coping well at all. I have had pre-labour pains for 3 days now. It's not just physically painful anymore. Emotionally and mentally I am finding it very difficult to cope. Each night I hope and I pray that we will finally meet this little person but then I find myself in my own bed in the morning. I feel like I have been in labour for days and that I am going to be pregnant forever. I cry at the drop of a hat but I am angry and frustrated at the same time. Is there anyone out there who has been where I am right now?? I need to know that I am not alone.

TJ, NSW

TJay

I know exactly how you feel I was pregnant with my second, vomited for 9 months & couldn't get out of bed for 7.5 of those months and then to top it all off my daughter was 9 days overdue they put me in hospital at 7 days overdue & gave me Gel but my cervix would not open.I cried everyday as I was so depressed & anyone asked how I was I would bite their head off so I know how you feel but believe me very shortly you will have bubs & all of your depression & anger will go.
If you are 10 days over already they will only leave you another 4 at the max so hold in there girl.

Let me know what you have & GOOD LUCK

Bec
Thanx, Bec, you put a much needed smile on my face. I have a doc appointment today so I will talk to him about the next step. I don't know if I can do this for another 4 days.
We are pretty sure it's another boy, but I will definately let you know when he finally comes into the world.

TJ, NSW

Tjay

I found out what I was having although right up to the last day I kept saying to my husband a Girl wouldn't do this to her mother But she DID.
I now have an ANGEL of a daughter and couldn't ask for a better little girl. So just think your little boy will be the same.( Or it might be a GIRL)

See YA

Bec
Hi Tjay

i went 12 days over with my first and i know exactly how you are feeling. every pain i got i was hoping and hoping and nope never came. i actually went in to hospital for a checkup at 40weeks and they booked my induction then for 10 days over, however it fell on a sunday so they pushed it back to the following monday.i was not impressed. i didn't have him until the tuesday morning.

it made it slighty better knowing that no matter what by the monday i was going in but it was still hell for the 12 days before i went in.

I hope everything goes well for you and you get to hold your baby soon. chin up, they won't let you go much longer.

take care
i didnt think you were allowed to be over 14 day due as the placenta starts to die.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hey TJay! i just wondered how you are doing? have you had the baby yet?? hope you have and that everything went well!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Bec,

Well, as it turns out, the day I was writing to you, the labour pains I was feeling were actually the real thing, not just more pre labour pains like I'd been having for the previous 3 days.
Our beautiful baby BOY was born that night (18 Feb) at 9.21pm. Because I went 10 days over, and you know they continue to grow while they're still 'in the oven', Bodie was a big 8 pound 9 ounces. A big difference to his brother who was 7 pound 5.
Thank you for your encouraging and supportive words. I honestly think it helped me get thru that last exhausting day of pregnancy.

TJ

TJ, NSW

No, that's right, they won't let you go over 14 days past your due date because the plancenta does start to die. I didn't know this though, until I was 4 days over myself. Honestly it freaked me out a bit, but all is well now. Bodie was born 10 days over, a very healthy boy.

TJ, NSW

Hi Brandons mum,

Thank you for your thoughts. We are great. I am finally no longer pregnant. I had a boy on 18 Feb and yes everything went as well as I can expect. We are both healthy, and dispite his huge size (8 pound 9) the labour wasn't too bad. We named him Bodie.

TJ

TJ, NSW

TJ

Well done & congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. I was so glad to have been of some help and hope you keep in touch. Once again Congratulations!

Bec
Micaela,

It is tough isn't it, going over due date. When I was pregnant I felt like it was never going to end. But finally it did, after 10 days, and I am able to hold my baby boy in my arms. He's not even a week old yet and I do have all the post labour pains and discomforts, and the pregnancy is surprisingly easy to forget.
I noticed you are due 16 march with no. 3. Not long now. I hope all goes well. Thank you for your thoughts and let me know what you have.

TJ

TJ, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic