Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Anxiety/Panic Attacks Rss

Hi everyone

Just wondering whether anyone who experiences severe anxiety (not just normal stresses/worries) or regular panic attacks, has experienced any of the symptoms during labour/birth.

If you don't feel comfortable talking about it here (although it may help others too) please feel free to email me on stephaniedavy@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

Love steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Steph

I quite often have panic attacks for no apparent reason they just occur. I can feel them coming on now and 9 out of 10 times i have learnt to control them. I did start to get one when I was in labour but managed to start breathing properly and calm myself down. During my panic attack my main problem is that my heart beats at a million miles an hour and i feel like i cant breath. I dont know if this will help but if you ever have heart palpatations (sp?) pop an ice cube in your mouth and suck and you will find your heart will slow down. I doubted this when i first heard it but the other day I had a panic attack and i did the above and would you believe it worked within 1minute my heart was back to normal, i had stopped breathing funny and I had stopped shaking. I really dread getting to them and it bugs me that they just come out of theblue. It would make more sense to me if i knew why i was getting them.

smile

Lou, QLD,16 month old baby boy- Jackson

Sign in to follow this topic