Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Expecting 1st Rss

I am expecting my first child in less than 7 weeks and it scares the living crap out of me. Just knowing that i have an extra mouth to feed and things like that. am i all alone here am i the only one who is scared? did anyone feel like this?

33weeks

totally normall i am sure! good luck...

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

Hi Bianka,
Having been around kids all my life I thought I knew what to expect when I had my little boy in Feb 02. Nothing, absolutely nothing could have prepared me for the reality of bringing him home. You are right to be scared and for good reason. It is a huge responsiblity having a child. I think I had rose coloured glasses on when I was pregnant. The first few months are hard because you are so new to it. If you have a mum or close friend who is also a mum, listen to their advice. You don't have to take it, but just listen. Share the baby with your family and take time out for yourself without feeling guilty. You are so important to your baby so by rejuvenating yourself you are helping your baby. You didn't mention if you have a partner but if you do, make them help. Don't winge and complain that they don't help. Make them help, it is their child too. After about 9 months things fall into place. After 12 months you start to get some of your life back. I am fast approaching 18 months and looking forward to taking him to all those kiddie gyms. Life is finally looking up - it all takes time. Good luck.
My son is now 9 months and it still scares the crap out of me!! But it does get better and easier. And a lot more enjoyable, even 4:30 in the morning looks good when its cold and you can snuggle with bub!!

Kimberly, QLD

I am expecting my first also - due December this year. The worst thing for me is I'm from the UK and know hardly anyone here and no-one else who's expecting and what scares me most is being 'alone' once my fiance goes back to work etc.
hi kelly

im nikki and im from wa im 17 weeks pregnant and due march 2004. All my family goes to work too and my bf works 14 days straight sometimes i get really lonely as well. im only 17 years old and i am scared about birth even though i dont show that i am around family. feel free to write and we can keep each other company.

nikki ( mum to be)
Hi, I know exactly how you feel! I'm from London with all my family over there, I know only my next door neighbours (really lovely people)and my partner! I have no idea what the reality of having this baby is going to be like and doing it more or less on my own when my partner goes to work scares me to death!
Still, I bet you at least have your visa status worked out, I'm still on a student visa (mature aged!) and have all that to look foward to as well.
If you want to keep in contact , even if its just to work out what the heck a pilcher or a posset is, I would appreciate the Pommy humour!
P.S my little one is due December 11
Sign in to follow this topic