Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Number two on the way Rss

I'm expecting baby number two and my partner doesn't seem as interested in this pregnancy as he was when I was pregnant with our son. When the baby is born there will be 20 months age difference between the kids, I think perhaps he's just nervous. Does anyone have any different theories???? We're both very young and I worry that he's annoyed that he doesn't get to do the things guys his age do. Are we really missing out on anything ineresting???

Nicole, Bayley 3 and Jordan 18mths

I'm also expectin no 2 in 8 weeks time. My little boy is 12 months old.
I'm 24 and my husband is 27 but both very young at heart.
As to whether you are missing out on anything. Who knows, Im just grateful that I have a fantastic husband and a very healthy active little boy (as well as No 2) Enjoy your time, as they will be in school before you know it.
I have a 3 year old and just found out I'm having number 2 in Dec. My husband doesn't seem as interested in the pregnancy thing either this time.

I've decided not to worry and make sure I play on it for all it's worth. He's very good with our son and takes him off a few hours each weekend.

I'm just going to enjoy the time I have. I know he'll be different when the bambino arrives. Don't worry. Men are not the most emotional of the species.

Lisa, Qld, 3yr Nick, 1 on way

im 22 and got number 2 on its way in 8 wks and my partner whose 24 has just started taking interest in this pregnancy. with number 1 he was excited from day 1 but i think this time hes a little pre-occupied with our first son.
my partner says that he wouldnt swap being a dad for anything and i agree. our friends are out partying every weekend but we dont feel like we are missing anything. i love knowing that i have people here at home that love and will stick by me always.
its easier for us to feel the reality of having another baby cause its there everyday but for me it really doesnt kick in till we push its out and its there for them to see.

Staci, SA, 2yr boy & pregnant (EDD 9/6/03)

Hi Nicole. first of all you are not missing out on anything. You are so lucky to have one child and another on the way. But with the blessing of two children things can still get hard. I think your partner is definately nervous. He is probably thinking of supporting the family finacially and supporting you through the pregnancy, the BIRTH and then motherhood PLUS he has fatherly obligations to son 1 and the new arrival. I wouldn't worry . i am sure he loves you and your children but is thinking about it too much!!!!!!!!! I have found out i am pregnant and we have a 4.5 month old so i too will be in a similar position.
Well hopw all goes well!!!!!

Chantelle, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic