Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

dealing with the hot weather Rss

Hi there!

I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and this recent hot weather is driving me a bit insane. I feel hot 24 hours a day, and when the weather is hot for several days in a row, i feel like i am going crazy! I can't seem to find any way to cool down.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep cool? It's my first baby and i am a bit of a stress-head and worried that because i am so hot all the time that this is going to be bad for the baby. I've heard that fevers can be bad for the unborn baby, but does anyone know if hot temperatures can affect the baby also? I guess people have babies in places where it's hotter than this and their babies are fine yeah?

Kath
xx

Bring on winter!

Kath SA ~*~ Baby girl due 11th May 2004 gasp)

Hi Kath,

The best way I found to deal with the hot weather is to take a cool shower. You can also cool down by putting a cold face washer on the back of your neck.

Try wearing loose clothes made of natural fibres as synthetic fabrics tend to make you sweat more.

Your unborn baby should be fine so long as you keep up the fluids - drink heaps of water.

I hope this helps - I guess if you don't have air-conditioning at home, you'll have to do lots of window shopping at the big air-conditioned shopping centres!

Best of luck and I hope it cools down a little soon.

Cheers.

D

mum-2 girls, 9mths & 3y.o.

Hi Kath,

I used to swim alot when I was pregnant. This helped a lot. If you can get to a pool - stay there and just soak!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi there,

I gave birth to my daughter in December last year and I live in Sunny Qld. I found it to be very hot and uncomfortable too. I found relief hanging out in the air conditioned shopping centres, but when that wasn't practical I used to soak my feet in cold water while relaxing in front of the fan. I aslso munched on a lot of ice cubes and drank a lot of water. I wouldn't be too concerned about your baby, it is safely insulated inside and is unaware of your discomfort. I am now pregnany with baby number 2 and due in July 04 - A Winter Baby!!! Yippee. I've already had my summer baby and certainly didn't want that discomfort again.

Relax, stay cool and calm, and I wish you goodluck.

Michelle smile
Hi!

I live in North Queensland so I now what you mean by hot weather! I had my baby in April of last year (now 10 mths old) but was heavily pregnant in our hottest time. I made my husband air-condition our house, plus drank plenty of water, swam and had cool showers. I think that's about all you can do as well as try to avoid activities that make you sweat or hot during the hottest time of the day. I used to sleep with the air-con on the coldest, blanket off and still sweat while my poor hubbie was absolutely freezing! And I usually feel the cold!! I think the most important is to keep up your fluids, water mainly, so as you don't dehydrate.

jean&will

Sign in to follow this topic