Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Keeping Fit & Healthy during Pregnancy
  5. Hernia, has anyone had one during pregnancy?

Hernia, has anyone had one during pregnancy? Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone has been told they have a hernia? If so, does it affect chilbirth in any way? My mum is convinced I'll have to have a caesar. Haven't had a chance to talk to my doctor yet.

My little lovlies are Jack and Lily

Hi,
Can I ask where your hernia is? As I have a hernia in my belly button, it appeared with my last pregnancy, I started to get pain in my belly button when my belly got bigger and then my Ob/Gyn told me I had a hernia there which I never had before as with my 1st pregnancy there wasn't one there.

I didn't have too much bother just a bit of pain here and there with the pressure as my belly got bigger. I did go and see about it after I had my baby and they can do the operation to remove it but then as I hadn't finished having children the doctor said to wait till after we finish our family as at the time it was very small and I never had any bother with it since not being pregnant.

I'm pregnant again now and as my belly starts to grow I"m already getting some pain from it but nothing major yet. I was told the belly button hernia is very common. I had C-Sections for my children anyway but one of my friends has a hernia the same and had a natural birth with no bother at all.

Hi Sue,
I have three hernia's and I am 24 weeks pregnant, I have one in the middle of my stomach and one either side of the stomach.
I had them my last pregnancy and only one played up, the dr did say I needed to get them fix but didn't have the chance to do them.
During my labour I didn't feel them at all,I had a normal labour too, as long as you tell your dr/midwife they will keep an eye on them.
Good luck
Bundle2

sharon,nsw, kailee 2, marc 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic