Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Bleeding Rss

Has anyone ever experienced light bleeding? Im 7 weeks preg and for the past 2 weeks i have had a light pinkish/brownish discharge ... i know very lovely.. the doctors all say its ok unless its fresh bright red but i need reassurance!!

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hi rebecca J,

Some woman like do have light bleeding. I know heaps of woman that have had this and the n it becomes under control and go full term. If it worring you, you should see the doctor again and if they won't listen consult another doctor until you feel reassured.

Peta

If you need to chat email me on peta.scherger@telstra.com
It should be ok. I had the same issue when I was pregnant with my last one and had all the worries you do. In the start of a pregnancy the body has to adjust to a major change. You will notice the difference if you do start to bleed fresh blood. I did, all due to the placenta breaking away from the uterine wall....ugh! Luckily lovely little Vincent turned 1 last month. smile It'll be ok.

Cathy, m of 3 boys, trying for #4.

hi rebecca
do you have any pain?
the other thing you can do is have an ultra sound and they check for the heartbeat.
thats the best reassurance you can get and you will feel alot better.

hope all goes well bec

mary.NSW 11 month baby

I ALSO HAD 3 EPISODES OF FRESH BLEEDING IN THE FIRST 18WKS. EACH TIME I WAS SENT FOR AN ULTRASOUND AND EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. LET US KNOW HOW YOUR DOING!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi, Just wanted to get your feedback, Im currently 17 wks pregnant and have also had three bleeding episodes. The last one was last Sunday and I ended up in the emergency ward (again!). I also have had an ultrasound after each time and everything is fine with the baby. Head, Brain, 2 arms, 2 legs - very reassuring. I have been told that I have a low lying placenta but the last Ultrasound showed that it isn't covering the cervix. Did you find out anything?? and did you have any other bleeds or problems?
Look forward to yours or others feedback.

Lisa, VIC, 17mth girl, Preg with No. 2

I hope all has been OK. I have now had 3 bright red bleeds (threatened misscariages), had ultrasounds and all is OK. I have been reading heaps of books and talking to lots of people about bleeding and what you have mentioned is very normal. Im sure by now that you should be close to having your Ultrasound. How did it go?

Goodluck with everything

Lisa, VIC, 17mth girl, Preg with No. 2

How are things going?

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Rebecca J,

I don't want to alarm you because it is different for everybody... But I had 2 miscarriages around 9 weeks with the first signs being light bleeding. I went to my doctor and had ultrasounds too, only to find out the devastating news that there was no heart beat. My advice is get plenty of rest, no strenuos tasks and if really concerned see your GP and get an ultrasound for peace of mind. I pray all is going okay for you smile But I just wanted to add that I got lucky 3rd time and have a beautiful daughter who turns one tomorrrow, and have another precious baby (hopefully) on the way! smile
i had a bleed it was red it was fine a friend had a large amount of brown blood and she lost the baby. the baby was already gone. go see someone else for another opinion and get a untra sound done. i did

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Sign in to follow this topic