Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

9weeks and bleeding Rss

I am 9weeks 1 day and my usual period date has brought twingy aches like avery mild period and browny red spotting. It is mild and seems to be easing. I phoned my local hospital doctor who said not to worry and becuase my ultrasound last week was completely normal and the baby is healthy that it was just a supressed period and that my hormones were not quite strong enough to prevent breakthrough bleeding. Has any one else had this type of issue early in pregnancy? It would be reassuring to hear from you. The doctor also recommended rest for 48hrs to be safe.

gerry1stpregnancy,nsw/qld border

Hi gerry, I had the same sort of thing and like you freaked out. I went for an ultrasound when I was only 6 weeks as that was when I started with the dark discharge. It confirmed all was well and I too was advised to rest and to not have warm baths until it stopped. It went on and off for a few weeks and then stopped. I have since spoken to a friend of mine and it happened to her as well. I now have a very healthy active 20 month old and her little one is 3 and a half years of age. Hopefully the discharge will stop for you soon. Take care and Congratulations!!!!
This happened to me 3 times, and each time i had an ultrasound, with no real results except a healthy bubba. If you are concerned go to your Dr and ask for another ultrasound.

I am sure evrything will be fine,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi gerry,

I had the same thing happen to me from week 6 till week 8. I rested for 48hrs to be safe. I'm now 14 weeks pregnant.
I understand how frightening it can be. I was told by my obstetrician than once you see the baby's heartbeat approx. 92% pregnancies will go onto full term. Good luck and congratulations
Sign in to follow this topic