Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Average no. of months 'playing' before conception occurs

Average no. of months 'playing' before conception occurs Rss

Hi there
My partner and I will be starting this month on our journey towards conceiving. On average, how many months did it take people to fall pregnant once they made the decision to start trying? I am the type of person who would like it to happen immediately now that I feel I am ready for a family (so typical of an Aquarian woman with Scottish ancestry). I know this isn't realistic, that's why I need a little perspective on how others found this process (no gory details required smile ... just time frames that I can work within ... if someone says 36 months, I'll accept that that could happen to us ... (must say, I am looking forward to the 'playing' part a little more frequently tho smile )

just starting

Hi,

Well with my first baby we started trying in feb and conceived in May the next was quicker started and conceived in December but friends of mine tryed for 2years before conceiving. and again for the second one. i think the best think to do, is go to the doctors have everything checked out and have the opinun that if it happens it happens or you'll worry your self sick about it.

Tracy, NSW,12mth & expecting

Thankyou Tracy, I appreciate your response. When you say a 'checkup', what are you referring to? I thought I was being proactive asking the doctor what I could do to make sure all was ok leading up to 'trying', and she only mentioned taking folic acid, which I have been. I have sussed out my 'fertile dates' and we'll be starting this month ... so excited.

just starting

hi
thats fine its nice to get replys i'm mean blood tests to check you don't have any viruse or (disease) or your iron levels are right and your vaccines are up to date.

hope that helps

Tracy, NSW,12mth & expecting

Hi, just thought I'd tell you my story!
I went off the pill 3mths before our wedding, even hoping I might fall straight away, but thinking it will take a few months. I fell 11mths later.
Hoping it was the long time i was on the pill that slowed things down first time, I hoped to conceive straight away again, but this time it took only 8mths. Nothing exciting as a story but some dates for you anyway!
Also i will say it felt like a lot longer! Try not to worry about it too much, just enjoy the practising!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

My husband and started trying in Febuary for our first son. We fell pregnant in june. However we made a decision not to try for that month and just relax to take the presure off, so I don't know exactly when it happened, but defiently not in the fertile time!
Hi. our first child was conceived whilst on the contraception pill and our second (still inside!) I came of the pill in December and was pregnant in February. My sister, who has two children, was pregnant within two months with both. Somewhere there is some research figures on average conceptions but I can not find it. Then again NOTHING is average about babies and children. Good luck!!
#1 took 3 months

#2 was a pleasant SURPRISE - condom broke! smile
Our first was a surprise!
2nd and 3rd was same month as started to try
maybe my husband and I are just really fertile.
smile

Cathy, m of 3 boys, trying for #4.

It's taking a little longer this time though (2months), I had an Implanon implant taken out and we think that may have some bearing.sad

Cathy, m of 3 boys, trying for #4.

Hi,

I think it depends a lot on your age, lifestyle and how well you know your body. I'm 26 fell pregnant our first month of trying. My husband and I have been together for 10 years so I certainly give credit to the Pill! When I was 22 I had endodemetrios and when I had that removed I had the doctor check that everything was okay for later on. I also had family planning blood tests to ensure that my folic acid levels, iron, rubella (and a lot of others) were all okay first. But I think the best thing is that I can actually feel when I ovulate so our timing would have been spot on.

Good Luck

Cheers
Andrea (EDD 22 April 2004)
Hi,
My husband & I conceived without actually consciously trying, although we were thrilled with the news. I can recommend the books "Natural Fertility" and "The Natural way to better babies" which can be used to either avoid or achieve conception. I came off the pill to allow my body time to prepare for pregnancy & began taking vitamins based on the books recommendations. Things happened very quickly for us.
Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic