Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Having babies close together Rss

I think that I am being silly but I have a 3 month old son, and I want to start trying for another one agin soon ( maybe ). I want to wait at least another 3 months, maybe more. Initially I wanted at least a 2 year gap, but now I am not so sure. I would love to hear from mothers that have kids close together in age, and would you recommend it to me?

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Hi Marty,

YES, YES, YES! That is exackly the age i started TTC for No2! Unfortunately i had a miscarriage, but still just cracked the 2 under 2!

My sister and i are best friends, we are only 12 , months apart. I wanted that too!

Best of luck if you do decide to go for it!!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Tepe u were actually one person I was hoping would reply!! How old was your first child when you fell pregnant with the 2nd? Everyone is discouraging me, and I do feel guilty because I should spend lots of time with my son before I try for another one! He is just so gorgeous though, and I want him to always have a little friend. We are getting married in February, and I wouldn't mind starting to try and concieve after that

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the mention, its nice to know people read your posts!! wink As i mentioned before, i would highly recommend it! Don't get me wrong, times are hard, even most of the time, but i still wouldn't have it any other way. I even wish they were closer!!

My daughter was about 15mths when i found out i was pregnant! She never had any idea and never noticed my growing tummy, ( mind you i'm not big, even in pregnancy ). She spent her first night away from home the night i went into labor, at my sisters, her cousins and i came home first thing the next morning! So she never knew i was really gone! I think that was important as she never got to miss me!

Yes, there were times i felt guilty for not having time for her, but that was more in my pregnancy, with lack of energy!! Now that my son is nearly 4mths, i think i have just about worked it out at home, how to share my time equally! I'm still 100% breastfeeding too and just starting back at work!

The only thing i find really hard is the lack of sleep. There is now no time to ever catch up! 2 children asleep for more than half an hour is something i havn't mastered yet!

Please don't listen to what everyone else says. Do what you both want! wink It's your family!

Things are getting easier everyday, and i'm sure that is only going to continue! I wish you could email me but i dont like putting my address up for show! Is there another way we can do it? :~

Keep me up to date,
Tepe

Well, my address is durstt@hotmail.com. I would love 2 talk 2 u!

Hi Marti,
My name is Synni and I am a mother of two.
After my first child was born everyone kept telling me it would be selfish to have another one straight away. When my first child was only three months old I fell pregnant again, But all my family pressured me to have an abortion. I regret it everyday and resent for them for it.
But after two years I fell pregnant again and this time no one was going to stop me. With a two and a half year age gap my two girls get on great and after nearly two years are now only just starting to fight. But I wish now that I had them closer together as then school age would not be so far apart as my little Holly misses her big sis when she is not there!
So I say go ahead do what is in your heart not what everyone say's as you might end up regetting that you listened to them as I did.
Good Luck
Synni,sa

mum of three girls (99,02,06)

Hi Marti, and everyone else.
My name is Georgina. I have a 6 month old baby girl and am pregnant with my second child. The new baby is due about one week before my elder baby's first birthday.
This second pregnancy wasn't planned, but we are happy to have the two children close together. It's nice to read that other parents have coped with having two baby's under two, though my two will be closer than that!!!!
During the first trimester, when I had morning sickness all the time, I didn't think much of having another baby so close to the first, but now that I am over that,...I think it will be ok. It's going to be a lot of hard work though!!!
Thanks for the encouraging letters here!
Georgina
Hi Georgina,

Congratulations, what an accomplishment!! This is how i hoped things would be for me, but mother nature made me wait! I hope to hear more about how things go for you!

Tepe

Hi Tepe,
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll try to keep you posted on how we go!
HI Marti,

I just wanted to say that I thought about having my second child when my first was three months old, but had no intentions of falling pregnant for quite a while. Instead I did fall pregnant my two daugthers are 12 months apart, and you will find it a handful when you first get home and get settled but after that it is all great and it is wonderful having them close together, my daugthers are 21mth and 9 mth and they interact and play and talk to each other alot better than I have seen other people's kids relate. I also didn't have the jealousy thing when I came home from hospital with the second baby, because my first child was still young herself and I think that that helped me settle in at home alot quicker and easier, then having to contend with a jealous 3 or 4 year old. I am 6 wks pregnant with number 3 and my second and third will be 17 months apart. I am worried whether I will have enough time to go around, but I also figure I have made a conscienous effort to make sure I spend time with my other two, so I am sure I will be fine with the third.

If you and your husband want another child, don't worry about what everyone else says to you. If I let all the negative things people said to me when I was pregnant the second time round get to me, I would never be having kids again.

Go for it. Forget what everyone else thinks. If this is what you want, then do it, you won't regret it. Good Luck

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Hi Marti,

I have a 12 month old daughter and am pregnant with my 2nd baby. When this baby is born my 2 will be 19 months apart and I am very happy about that. I think that siblings close in age and raised well grow up to be the best of friends. Having 2 under 2 isn't going to be easy and I am aware of that, but I look forward to it so very much. I applaud those mum's who cope with 2 under 1 or even 3 under 3. Good on all those "POSITIVE" mums out there. If you feel ready to have another baby... then I saw go for it! My baby is due in July 2004. I can't wait!

Goodluck smile Michelle
Well, its almost 4 months later, and we still haven't started trying. I decided that I wanted to wait until after our wedding, so that I could really enjoy myself on the night, and not feel like I had to be wrapped in cotton wool. Well, the wedding is only 12 days away, and I am busting with excitement! I would really love to start trying immediately - like I ma talking the wedding night!!!! But now I have another problem - I only started a new job in November! And it pays really well, and the hours would really suit me, even after having another bub! But that means, I will have to wait until at least April, before even thinking about another baby! I am thinking of starting charting my ovulation now, so that I am ready to go. My son is now almost 7 months old. My hours are 8 am till 1.30pm, and my partner doesnt start work until 3.00pm, and we both think that once the new baby hit 4 - 5 months, I could go back to work with those hours, and he feels he could have two small children. Are we being selfish? We really couldn't get by without my wage!

Sign in to follow this topic