Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Increasing/Decreasing Cervical Mucous (for boy or girl)

Increasing/Decreasing Cervical Mucous (for boy or girl) Rss

Herbs for BOY (increasing cervical mucous)

Evening Primrose Oil:
1,000 IU per day should be taken from Cycle Day 1 to Ovulation.
Do not take EPO after ovulation because EPO causes uterine contractions, which may interfere with implantation.
A natural estrogen promoter.
EPO is a good source of Essential Fatty Acids "EFA".
All living cells need fatty acids for rebuilding and producing new cells.
The body uses EFAs to produce substances which send messages that trigger hormone production necessary for a successful cycle!

Flax Seed Oil:
"FSO" 2,000 mg per day from Ovulation to AF.
Flax Seeds are rich in omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids "EFA"
magnesium, potassium and fiber.
When you stop taking EPO switching to FSO will continue a steady flow of essential fatty acids to be present throughout cycle.

Licorice Root:
Licorice Root has estrogen and progesterone-like effects,
cleanses the colon, decreases muscular spasms and increases fluidity of mucus.
Licorice should only be taken for 7 days at one time unless it is Deglycyrrhizinated as it can raise blood pressure.
Deglycyrrhizinated licorice may stimulate natural defense mechanisms that prevent the occurrence of ulcers by increasing the amount of mucus-secreting cells in the digestive tract.
This improves the quality of mucus and lengthens intestinal cell life.

Alfalfa:
Alkalizes and detoxifies the body (making the body more sperm and estrogen friendly, thus improving cervical mucus!).
Acts as a diuretic, eases inflammation, lowers cholesterol,
balances hormones and promotes pituitary gland function.
Contains Alpha-carotene, B-complex vitamins, calcium,
chlorophyll, copper, essential amino acids, iron, magnesium,
phosphorus, potassium, protein, sodium, sulfur, zinc, vitamins A, C, D, E, and K. and because of it's chlorophyll content Alfalfa purifies the blood.
PLEASE BEWARE: There is some evidence that Alfalfa may trigger lupus in sensitive individuals.

Red Raspberry:
("RR") 1,000 mg daily: Start anytime in cycle.
Can be taken during pregnancy until a month prior to labor/delivery.
Strengthens the uterine lining which in turn lengthens LP
(LP = Luteal Phase) LP = DPO or days past ovulation
and eases painful menses or nausea.

*GUAIFENESIN SYRUP a/k/a Robitussin and Robi
DO NOT EXCEED 6 doses in 24 hours.
The Guaifenesin Syrup merely thins the mucus you already have making it more sperm friendly or easier for the sperm to swim to their destination!

Daily recommended supplements

Chlorvescent or Slow K tablets
One tablet to be taken twice daily, morning and evening

Postassium
200mg per day

Others tablets you could include

Sodium
Green Tea
Zinc
Vitamin A (not to be used when pregnant)

Herbs for GIRL (decreasing cervical mucous)

Sudafed
Drys out cm. Take 2 tsp per day prior to intercourse. May also be taken from last day of period to ovulation.

Cranberry Tablets
Creates acidic environment. Start the week leading up to ovulation. Take 1600-2000mg per day.

Daily recommended supplements
Calcium
800mg.

Magnesium
300mg.

Vitamin D
1 tablet per day.

Herbs and Supplements for Both

Pre-natal Vitamin
Each of us should be taking a good pre-natal vitamin.
The prenatal vitamin is called that because it contains the necessary amount of folic acid (aka B9) for proper cell growth for your growing child and extra amounts of calcium and iron.
Just make sure your multivitamin contains at least 800 mcg. of Folic Acid or supplement it.

Vitex aka Chasteberry Tree ("VTX"
Take as directed on bottle. Syrup is generally stronger than the tablet. It helps balance hormones produced during our cycles, increasing production of luteinizing hormone ("LH" which is detected by OPK)

Herbs and Supplements for Men

Men concerned about their fertility often look for easy alternatives to improve their sperm count. Often times men try to improve their sperm count by researching over-the-counter vitamins, minerals, herbs and dietary supplements. Scientific data regarding many of these alternatives are either lacking or unconvincing. But a few of them do show some promise in improving a man’s fertility potential. Excessive amounts of any nutrient can have detrimental effects upon health and fertility. Consult your doctor before taking any substance in excess of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA).

SELENIUM
A study conducted at the University of Padua in Italy and published in the Journal Science states that a diet low in selenium could be a cause of male infertility. It is believed that selenium acts to help prevent oxidation of the sperm cell. Thus aiding in maintaining sperm cell integrity. Good sources of selenium can be found in red meat, liver and seafood. The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for selenium is 70 micrograms/day for an adult male.

VITAMIN C
According to a study conducted at the University of Texas Medical School at Galveston, insufficient amounts of vitamin C in a man’s diet can lead to agglutination of sperm. Agglutination occurs when sperm cells clump together, thus inhibiting maximal progression or movement of the sperm. According to Dr. Earl Dawson M.D., Ph.D., associate professor at the U of Texas at Galveston, vitamin C is also helpful in smokers who have increased amounts of abnormally formed sperm. Cigarette smoke is absorbed through the lungs and enters the circulatory system (bloodstream). Once the toxins reach the bloodstream they find their way to the semen and this can lead to less than optimal sperm count and function. It is believed that vitamin C helps to neutralize the toxic effects of cigarette smoke on the sperm. The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin C is 60milligams per day for an adult male. According to Dr. Dawson intake of 200 to 1000 milligrams per day had a beneficial effect on sperm.

ZINC
Zinc’s role in the production of testosterone is known quite well in the biochemistry world. The male undergoes many complex processes in the production of the hormone testosterone. Many biochemical and enzymatic processes must occur for the proper production of testosterone. Zinc has been found to play an important role in one of these biochemical processes. A study from Wayne State University School of Medicine found that men who consumed a diet lacking in zinc had decreased levels of testosterone and lower sperm counts than the control group. Upon restoring a daily dose of 15 milligrams, testosterone and sperm count levels rebounded to acceptable levels within 12 months. The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for an adult male is 15 milligrams per day.

VITAMIN E
Vitamin E has long been known for its antioxidant effects on cell membranes. Recently there has been some data published about vitamin E’s effect on fertility enhancement. A double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study conducted in Sheffield, England and published in the October issue of Fertility and Sterility showed some promising results. The crux of the experiment was to see the effects of vitamin E in treating men with reactive oxygen species-related infertility. The research showed that consumption of 600milligrams per day of vitamin E improved sperm function in these patients. The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for an adult male is 10 milligrams per day.

PROXEED
Proxeed is a nutritional supplement available in a citrus flavored powder that is dissolved i
Hi there Jane

I was just wandering wether you have had any luck as yet?

Mau, South Australia 2 girls, Trying for a boy

We are trying Shettles method in November. I have been charting using Fertility Friend since April so I have worked out the signs for ovulation.

Fingers crossed and thanks for asking!

Jane
I have my fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted.

Take Care 8-)

Mau, South Australia 2 girls, Trying for a boy

We are trying Shettles method in November. I have been charting using Fertility Friend since April so I have worked out the signs for ovulation.

Fingers crossed and thanks for asking!

Jane

kk
after having 2 DD's my husband and i thought we would try for a DS. I have been taking EVO from CD1 to ovulation as well as Vitex the whole cycle that i was given from a health food store. i also use ovulation kits to pinpoint ovulation to know when to BD. i have just orderd some chlorvescent to give that a try to help sway to a boy.
my question is with my DD's i fell pregnant within 2 months each time, where as this time it has been 7 months. could taking all this stuff have anything to do with that?
Sign in to follow this topic