Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Deciding about number two! Lock Rss

Has anyone ever been undecided about having another baby? I cant seem to choose which side of the fence I want to be on! I hate sitting on the fence as well.
My wee girl is "my life" now 3 & 1/2.
The feeling I do have is id regret more that I didnt later, but the freedom of her age (selfishly) is attractive for work/lifestyle. Im 35.
I hated being preg very sick, didnt enjoy the newborn stage, dont feel confident to cope with two.
At the same time, Im a dedicated mum that loves every single day with her, I treasure every moment, she has enriched my life beyond words.
Ive had one night away from her in 3 & 1/2 years so bit tired! What makes up your mind for a clear no doubts choice??? many thanks.
Hi Lollypop.

I am one of four kids and my mum tells us she always wanted at least 4 because then we can look after each other when she is gone and we are all really close in age too. I have on DD so far (single mum) and hope to have many more kids with someone (when i find him) and i want at least another 3 or 4! and adopt too (crazy i know!)

I guess all the things u mentioned are big deciding factors in whether u would like another bubs or not. And the choice really is up to you no matter what we all say! The other thing is the morning sickness, and newborn stage dont last THAT long in the whole big scheme of things and then you could have two kiddies who are a good age and good to fit in with lifestyle/work.

I (personally) would decide on whether i would regret it later on. The more kids, the more love, hugs, joy, happiness and everything else children bring to you life!

Good luck and all the best!

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Hello All,

I am very similar - although baby #1 hasn't even arrived yet - a couple weeks yet!

I have wondered about whether hubby & i should stick with one, he's pretty set on having just the 1 baby so he can give all his love & attention to her but then i have thought about whether 2 might be the go so they have each other for companionship while they're young & so on since so many only children i know of seem to say they would give anything for a brother or sister.

Having said that, my Mum thinks a 2nd baby should be the way we go for the companionship but also she thinks they should be close together & i am unsure of whether i could cope.

I reckon you should just do what i've been trying to do for a while now & ignore everyone else smile Just kinda think to yourself about whether or not you & your child would benefit from having a sibling/2nd child or if you think she's quite content to be on her own with you & visa versa. Weigh up both options & that'll make it much easier. Just dont let other people influence your decision.

Kel, SA, Mum to Lillian Rose - 06/06/06

Sign in to follow this topic