Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Breastfeeding & Pregnancy Rss

I have an 8 month old son who I plan to breastfeed until 12 months. My husband and I also want to start trying for our second baby soon, we'd like them to be 18m-2yrs apart. I don't know if I want to wait until my son is 1 before we start trying for our second baby. I'd love to hear from other mums who have breastfed while pregnant, or anyone else with relevant info.
We wanted two kids close together also. I gave up breastfeeding when James was 7.5 months for that reason, (originally I was going to bf till he was at least 9 months) but when I started introducing the bottle he suddenly took to it. Anyway it took me nearly 6 months after that to fall pregnant again. (but it took me 6 months from coming off the pill the first time also).

Sorry I haven't known anybody that has concieved while breastfeeding.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Toni

I've done a lot of thinking since posting this topic, and Lachlan is still having 5-7 bf per day. As he is getting closer to 12 months I can't see myself stopping breastfeeding yet - it's one of those things where you say 'I'm going to do ...' but when the time actually comes it's a different story. I don't want to rush him - he won't drink anything else anyway. We're going away (interstate) at Christmas and I don't want to be heavily pregnant so we're going to wait a couple of months and then let nature take its course I've had regular periods since Lachlan was 13 weeks old so hopefully things will go smoothly smile

Thanks for your feedback.

Jas
Hi again Toni smile

Did your boys wean themselves or did you decide when to wean - if so how long did it take? I'm not planning on weaning yet, but I'm just curious, as I've said before - I can't see Lachlan weaning himself anytime soon!!!

Thanks
Jas
This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Toni

Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm not sure if Lachlan is already weaning himself now. He has 3 solid meals per day - and he eats a lot - and usually has afternoon tea as well. The last couple of days he's been pulling away when I'm feeding him, but that could be because I've got my period - I'll just have to wait and see. I'm reluctant to drop any feeds as he won't drink anything else, also he is really small and has always been slow to gain weight. Even when he started solids his weight gain didn't speed up, but as the nurse keeps telling me - I'm only 5' so I shouldn't expect a giant baby tongue !!!

That's so gorgeous that Damon understood that Jesse needed your milk more than he did.

Anyhow I guess I'll just keep going with the flow, and see what happens.

Thanks again.
Jas
Sign in to follow this topic