Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Try evening primrose oil(gel caps) to bring on labour

Try evening primrose oil(gel caps) to bring on labour Rss

Hi, my name is Rhiannon and I have a 5 month old son, I was a week over due with him, toward the end of the week my mid wife suggested I try evening primrose oil, sex and big walks, I must say the sex was uncomfortable, the walks were akward but the evening primrose oil I think worked!! the trick is tho you have to insert them into your vagina just before bed then lie down, just use one or two a night and it helps to ripen your cervix ready for birth, it makes the cervix softer and itll bring on the inevitable! I hope this comes as a help to someone! dont worry if you havent heard of it before, check with your nurse see what she says, but it can certainly do no harm to your baby as its an all natural product.
good luck!
just wondering where can you buy these from?
Hi Alecia! are you nearly due? Well you can buy these from most health food outlets also most supermarkets stock them. Try looking in the section with all the vitamins etc.... good luck with your baby!!
yeah neally due. been getting labour pains for the past 3 days... thanks for replying...
oh you poor thing! three days!! I hope it all goes well you could try walking around abit. apparently it helps to line up the baby ready for birth. I was getting labour pains for a day and a half before my baby was born and the midwife said it was because he wasnt lined up properly, Anyway itll all happen in its own time! good luck! is it your first?

Hi, my name is Rhiannon and I have a 5 month old son, I was a week over due with him, toward the end of the week my mid wife suggested I try evening primrose oil, sex and big walks, I must say the sex was uncomfortable, the walks were akward but the evening primrose oil I think worked!! the trick is tho you have to insert them into your vagina just before bed then lie down, just use one or two a night and it helps to ripen your cervix ready for birth, it makes the cervix softer and itll bring on the inevitable! I hope this comes as a help to someone! dont worry if you havent heard of it before, check with your nurse see what she says, but it can certainly do no harm to your baby as its an all natural product.
good luck!

I'm agree to you. It's all natural.. GLA is an excellent supply of prostaglandins. Prostaglandin is a body hormone that can help in softening the cervix and eventually prepare it for labor. The regular intake of evening primrose oil benefits can provide you with enough GLA, which assists open the cervix and provoke contraction. Thus, makes labor much, much easier for the mother and the baby. If you confirmed that you are pregnant, you may consume this supplement on your week 34 to assist you with child birth and labor.
Sign in to follow this topic