Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Anyone Due in April 2005? Rss

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone else is due in April 2005?

I am due about 27th April 2005. Only about 4.5 weeks now.

Would love to share and compare...in a good way!

Take care

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi, i'm due the 16th of april with my third child ,i have a son 4years and a girl 2years.I'm 7 weeks on friday,i would love to keep in contact .

TAMMY ,BEAU 4YRS,ROCHELLE 2YRS.

TAMMY,NSW,22MTHS,3YEARS

Hi! I am due in April 2005! I have not yet seen a doctor, but, from my calculations I am due April 21, 2005. I am pregnant with my second child. My first child is a girl called Jessica, and she is 16 months old. She will have just turned 2 when the new baby arrives.
I will be 6 weeks this Thursday.
Anyone been sick yet???
(sorry about the lovely question).
I have not yet, but today I felt 'off' all day.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Hi,

I am due on April 14th with my 7th child. I am counting more on April 7th though as all my other babies came at 39 weeks.

I haven't been sick at all so I'm thinking that maybe I'm having a girl. With my boys I was terribly sick and had sore breasts even before I missed my period whereas with the girls I was never sick. I already have 3 boys and 3 girls.

It would be nice to keep in contact and share our progress with each other. It will be good to have someone to sympathise with when it gets to that 'sick of being pregnant' time towards the end.

Congratulations everyone.
Barbara
Thanks, so glad to hear of others due around the same time as me!

This is my 3rd child. We have a son who will be 4yr in about 2 weeks and a baby girl who has just turned 11 months..so she will be about 19months when this one is born!

I don't know if I will find out the sex or not as I didn't with my other 2 and am still unsure about this one..although it would be nice!!

I haven't had any morning sickness yet, just been feeling abit icky a different times throughout the day plus I have been feeling so tired in the afternoons and totally had it by 8pm! I am hoping not to get morning sickness with this one as I had it bad with my first and so bad I almost ended up in hospital with my 2nd...so here's hoping my hormal changes will be a bit more kinder to me this time round! I'm not counting my chickens yet as I never got sick with my other 2 till I was around 7 or 8 weeks and am only 5 weeks at the moment!

Well, glad to hear I can share my wonderful pregnancy with others due in the same month and I hope you will all keep us informed on your own progress!

Sorry forgot to say....Wow Barbara...almost 7 children...congratulations!! Does the birth get easier with everyone you have or is that just to try help us feel more relaxed when we hear that? I had a 9.5hr birth with my first and a 4.5hr birth with my second and hoping for a shorter one this time round....but not too short (my hubby was born in 30mins - that's from first niggle to when he was born!).

Well, congratulations to all and best wishes as well! If anyone wants to email me you can send them to j_n_blair97@bigpond.com and I am also in MSN too!

Would love to stay in contact!

By the way...where abouts do you all live? I live in Toowoomba, Qld.

nice to hear back from you again mum78. I too have the same question for Barbara - I am really hoping that the births do get easier with each pregnancy. I had (in my opinion, but i am sure everyone is in the same boat) a fairly rotton labour with my first and I'm not really wanting a repeat experience. I was induced at 38 weeks due to very little anmiotic fluid around bubs, and my placenta had decided to wear out as well. They could not tell me a cause or a reason for this, it 'just happens'.
My last preg was fairly good, I was able to be quite active (working, moving house etc) the whole way through. The only thing that slowed me up a bit was I suffered from varicose veins. They can be extremely painful and i wore really thick medical support stockings (right through summer!) to ease the pain. Apparently that only gets worse with each preg so it looks like i have another summer wearing stockings!
Overall however, everything is so far so good. I have scrubbed the toilets and bathrooms very thoroughly today, in anticipation of being sick soon (although I am hoping not!). I don't know about you guys, but, last time when I was sick, (when preg) even just the smallest little hair present in the bathroom would set me off again, the same with funny smells and even just the thought of smelling a bad smell would make me vomit! The joys, hey?
Anyway, in answer to your question, I live in NSW, Lake Macquarie area. (between Newcastle and the Central Coast).

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Hi Mums,

good to hear that nobody's been too sick yet. Ginger is very good for morning sickness. I even nibble on ginger nut biscuits and they always seem to help.

Well in answer to your question about if the birth gets any easier.... for me the answer is yes.

With my first baby Brett, I was in Labour for 7 hours (had pethadine but didn't like it), then with Stephanie it was 4 hours (no drugs), Next came Joshua who was 2 hours 40 minutes (tried the gas this time). Then came my wirlwind Crystal. After 4 nights of false alarms she finally came into the world in only 18 minutes. Luckily I was already at the hospital as my midwife just wanted to check what was happening with all the false alarms. She wouldn't let me leave when she examined me and found that although I had no pains whatsoever, my waters were about to burst.
I then had a five year break before having Danny. He took 7 hours and would have to have been my worst birth experience. He was born posterior and no matter how hard I pushed he would not come. That's why he took so long. Then came Tianna with a 2 hour 20 minute labour.

Barbara
Like Barbara said, I too, had heard that births were meant to be easier after the first but this has not really been the case for me. My first was my easiest! I have four children and had a natural, drug free birth (9 hours start to finish on his due date) with my first. A few stitches and a breezy recovery. My second was an emergency ceasarean (ER style) with a pretty good recovery, but nightmarish emergency. My third was 10 days overdue and posterior. My labour started and I failed to dilate properly (a side effect of posterior positioning). I went into labour with him Tuesday afternoon and he was born thursday morning. A LONG painful labour with an ineffective epidural and terrible back pain. Funnily enough, the actual delivery was pretty smooth and the recovery was fine. Lastly, my now almost five month old was also 10 days overdue, posterior and did not turn. My labour was about 20 hours from first twinge to delivery. (actual, steady labour about 9 hours). He took a long time to deliver and was eventually born sunny-side-up. Very painful, but O.K recovery - lots of bruising to us both, though! No pain relief this time, just hot showers. Like Barbara's experience show, it is up to each birth as to the presentation of the baby and a lot of other factors as well. Being overdue with my last 2 was a factor in the labours, and definately the posterior positions. i think you just have to be prepared for anything and have a plan for all outcomes. I have had every possible outcome to birth and I value each of the births as a unique experience. Try not to worry too much and take it as it comes. With every likelyhood, you will have textbook deliveries like my first and be just fine. In all of my experiences, I have never had any long term problems and it really is all forgotten (mostly!) after a while. After all, I did go back four times! All the very best.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

oh...don't want to hear that!!

I am hoping this one will be good just like my last 2! I have had rather good labours, pregnancies and births so hoping it continues!!

I hope the rest of you have great births too...Sending you all great births vibes!!

Well, I have booked myself in to my doctors to get the confirmation in Sept...when I will be about 8 weeks...what fun that visit will be as I will be peeing on a stick and my eldest will be getting his 4yr shots and my daughter will be getting her 1 yr shots...hoping hubby has days off!!

I have also booked myself into my OB as he is so hard to get into! That appointment isn't until Oct 13, when I will be about 12weeks! I will get my first scan then so I am looking forward to that! I thought I better get the booking over with as a friend tried to book in for the same thing and couldn't get in...I must have just got in!!

Has anyone else bee to their doc to get their confirmation? Booked into your OB? Private or Public?

I am going private this time as I went public with my last 2 and although I thought it was good, after seeing the treatment my sis-in-law got at the private I have decided to go private this time and try it out!

Hi....me yet again!!

Was curious to know what everyone's weight gain was during their previous pregnancies? My first was 22kg and my 2nd was 20kg but am tall and thin and the doc said for my build it was healthy...I am 6ft and was only 60kg when fell pregnant with my 1st. I am currently 64kg and think I will probably put on about the same as before...about 20kg!

Sign in to follow this topic