Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Baby Girls Names Rss

I have been told i am having a little girl. This has brought up alot of excitment for my husband as he is one of 7 boys. 3 of his brothers also have children which are all boys.. so this is the first girl. His mother passed away 8 years ago and he would like to name our baby after her but i think 'Jeanette' is better as a middle name. There are no girls names i love and would like some suggestions. I prefer it to start with J and be unique or unusual. thanks guys!!

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hi Rebecca,
I too am having a girl, she is due on the 1/1/04, my partner and i have decided to call her Sasha Taryn.......
My partner and i have a few suggestions on what to call your little girl: Jamaica, Jessica, Justine or starting with other letters: Yasmane, Zoey, Fiona, Felicity, Charlotte, Tiffany, Miranda, Gabrielle, Delicia, Simone, Sonia.......
I hope they are of some help to you..... one word of advice, if you don't like the name your partner wants to use, use a varition of it, try shorting it or use a similiar name, or even look up the meaning and find a name with the same meaning...... Good luck finding a name that you are both happy with...
Hope to talk to you again, let me know what your choice is, ok

All the best, Melissa

WA Sasha 6/1/04

thanxs mel thats a great help! i really like jamaica very unusual! good luck with bubs ! i adore the name sasha! unfortunatly for me its my sister in laws name so that kinda rules it out for me.. she spells it Sascha ... dont know if u like that 4 something different..

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

HI Rebecca J,

Here are some more girls names for you to think about...

Jacinta, Janina, Jarita, Jilliana, Justice, Jackie, Jonita, Jeri, Jesse, Juliet, Jamie.

Some other unusual names...

Arabella, Charity, Tuesday, Cosette, Ella, Grace, Indira, Kyna, Mabel, Rose, Poppy, Sabrina.

The sky is the limit when it comes to picking a name. I think Jeanette would be a lovely middle name. Tell your partner that you like the name, but want to give your daughter her "own" name.

Try putting different names together and see how they sound. Goodluck with finding the right name for you precious girl smile Michelle
hi rebecca
i just had a girl myself and my husband and i named her CAITLIN AKELA, akela is quite different i would of had it as her first name but hubby liked caitlin more.
akela is an hawian name...
kaz_april

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi Rebecca,
I think Jasmine is a gorgeuos name! Also, you never know, you could end up with a boy! Sometimes they can hide!
My little boys name is Jackson! I love calling him Jack for short. Jasmine can be shortened to Jaz, Jazzy.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi Rebecca, personally I think the name Jasmin in gorgeous. That's what my husband and I named our daughter.

Sue, NSW, Mother of Jasmin, born 16 September 2003

Hi Rebecca,
We named our daughter Jasmin Elizabeth. I like the idea of having an alternate name as her first name and then a more traditional family name as her second. My husband wanted the name Jasmin when we first found out we were having a girl (at 19wks) but I thought it was probably too popular. But after pouring over name books for the next 4 months I agreed to Jasmin in the hospital just before she was born and I really love it. Good luck with choosing a name.

Vanessa, Jasmin's Mum 4-Oct-03

My little girls name is Amelia Joyce. I would have had Joyce as her first name, but I was set on calling her Milly. Joyce is a very old name and not many people use it anymore.
Some other names are -
Jacinta, Jacqueline, Jade, Jana, Jandayi,Jemima, Jill, Jocelyn, Joie, Jordana, Joy, Juanita, Juliet.

Of all the name's suggested I like Jasmin and Justice!! If you call her Justice, you can call her Juz or Juzzy for short. Also, if you want something different, why not change the spelling of Jasmin ... like Jazmyn maybe?? Let us know, it'll be nice to know what you settle on! By the way, I do also like Jamaica!! Good luck on deciding! Also if you're still not sure when she is born, wait a couple of days, and I'm sure once you've spent some time with your new bub, a name will probably jump out at you that just seems to suit her perfectly!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

the only names i could think of were

jemma, jemima, jade, jada, jaimica, jaimie, Jamilah, jana, jannette, janisa, javier, jaya, jazlyn, jerrica, jewel, jezabel, jezabella, Jocelyn, Johanna, Jordane, Juliana, Julia, Juliet,

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Janae (pronounced J - nae - sounds like Renee) is similar to Jeanette and not all that common.

April, NT

Sign in to follow this topic