Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Unisex names!! Rss

Hello I was having a discussion the other day on all the unisex names. A friend of ours named their daughter Jaiden ( Jayden) which when you think about it is quite pretty. I have only known boys with this name. Then we got on the subject of names like - Shannon, Tracey, Shayne, Michelle/Michiel/Michele, Paige, Tyler, Jordan, Taylor, Bailey, Ryan/Rian & I saw in another post of a girl named Aidan. I would love to hear some others that people have heard of.
A lot of the names we like seem to be unisex names (without intentially meaning to) ... for a boy we have Riley, Jordan, Bailey, Taylor and Jaidyn on our list. A lot of people say 'You can't use that name, it is a girls name!'

Others unisex names I have seen include Jade, Madison, Kieran, Kelly, Kacey, Tony/Toni, Leith, Mackenzie, Lee, Ashley,

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Now I've been thinking about it I have more ...

Jo/Joe, Jay, Ricky, Billie/Billy, Kirby, Stevie, Kristian, Cameron, Rhys/Reese, Lou, Jamie/Jaimee, Nat, Brook/Brooke, Darcy, Mel/Mal, Kerry, Jackie

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

There is also Robyn/Robin, Rowan (which I loved, but my husband didn't), Leslie/Lesley and Kim (I always thought of this as a girls name, but have come across a couple of guys too)

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi,

Its seems really common at the moment to have a boy and girl spelling of a name. My son is named Jordan but you also hear alot of little girls with the same name. My second was a boy Harrison but if he was a girl we had Taylah picked out but decided to spell it different so it was a bit more girlie. It was only recently that I heard of a boy named Taylor.
Now when people tell you what names they like you have to say 'is that for a boy or a girl?'

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

This post has been edited by the moderator.
brody, kodie, shannon, addison, maddison, mackenzie, adrian, ashton, gabriel, cassidey, cameron, dakota, dane, delaney, drew, dillon, emerson, aaron/erin, francis, vivian, ira, kelly, toni, toby, jade, jay, jaydon, jesse, jamie, riley, jorden, julian, jan, kim, kendell, kieren, kiley/kylie, lane, logan, lee, leslie, lindsey, mason, makenna, montanna, nevada, orion, paris, peyton/payton, perry, regan, raphael, robin, scout, skylar, shane, summer, shelby, sydney, taylor, tyler, tory, tracey, alexi, reece/rhys, alex, angel, ash, ashby, ashlee/ashley, billie, blue, bobby, stevie, brooklyn, chris, corey, devan, sam, jarah, kaycee, karman, kenzie,

cant be bothered writing anymore for now.

over 80% of these names i know someone from both sexes called these...

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Darcy is another one

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

some more unisex names regan jordan, tyler. taylor. madison, kelly , reese

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

we have some sort of rels who have a darcy& sydney both girls but can be either

a friend has a son jaylen but it wouls suit a girl too i think

My daughters names are Murphee and Kennedy both of course coud also be used for boys!

Mum to 2DD : Proud to be a breastfeeding mum!

Sign in to follow this topic