Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Car Seat Help Rss

Hi Everyone

I was jsut wondering if anyone had any thoughts/tips about what I could use as a lightweight cover over the top of the convertable car seat to stop my curious dogs giving too many kisses to bubs (and of course stopping scratches or worse)

I was thinking of an insect flyscreen type of thing that could slip over the carseat.

Alternatively i guess there are dog harnesses and we could strap them into the 2 remaining seats but neither my hubby or I (and the puppies too) would be too keen on that idea.

I have already bought one of those little rearview mirrors that I can stick on the back window to keep an extra eye out but hopefully you guys can give me LOTS more ideas.

Love steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi,

I also have dogs that come in the car with us, and like you said, I use the insect cover for the pram on the carseat. It is lightweight and doesn't seem to bother him, and stops the dogs from licking his feet and hands! ewww...
i have a sun shade for the pram the protecta bub, that i have used in the car to stop the sun getting into the bubs eyes, it might work if you pin it down

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

The insect cover is a good idea.

However and i dont mean to offend , but with a baby in the same car as dogs, they become projectiles if anything goes wrong, so strapping them in would be the best idea of all.

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

I agree with Bright Spark about the dogs being projectiles in the car. We are lucky enough to have a station wagon with a rack behind the rear seat, so we can put our dog in the back section. I have also purchased a dog harness so I know that if something does go wrong, everyone will be a lot safer. I have heard one story in particular (no children involved) that has made me a lot more careful when it comes to restraining pets. Sorry, don't mean to be heavy, just care lots! smile

Linda - mum to Riley 13.04.04 (#2 Due 29.12.05)

Sign in to follow this topic