Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

baby carriers Rss

My husband an I will be traveling down to Sydney at the end of this year. By then Thomas will be three months old.

We thought it would be a great idea to get a baby carrier As we will be getting on and off of a lot of trians. But upon tring a large variety of carriers We have come to realize that although they fit a baby of all ages they dont seem to fit parents of differents sizes.

I need a light weight one because my husband gets "hot" quickly so I want one to breathe so that he and the baby dont get uncomfortable.

We did find one that was only in a "clown" colour of blue red yellow and orange. I have thought of dyeing this one but since we will be going to a convention I do not want the dye to run all over his good shirt.

I found one in the Usa but it doesnt seem to be available here. The Micro Mesh-Nylon Infant Carrier by: Theodore Bean.

If anyone knows of a carrier availabe here in Aust. And one that would fit a big parent. I would greatly appreciate any sugestions.

TA

Hi Anthea,

I can recommend a carrier by Snugli. I bought it at my local BabyCo store.

It is the Snugli Out & About.

It is a nice neutral beige colour. Baby can face in when little then outwards as they get older. Rather than having 2 straps like a backpack it has a single strap that crosses over the back, this strap is padded also so very comfortable. There is a 2nd thinner strap which is quite long that goes around to secure the bottom half of carrier. This strap also has a small pocket (like the old bum bags) which can hold a purse/keys etc.

I am not a small person, and using a wheelchair at times found the single strap across the back not restricting at all.

It is a bit dearer than some of the "cheapies" on the market but also has more support for bubs. It is similar in price to the likes of Baby Bjorn but I found it much less complicated to put on/off. You only need to clip bubs in not yourself.

My baby is now 11 months old and we have only just had to stop using as he is too big. Will carry up to 9.5kg. We used it for shopping, going to the footy, even carrying around the house as you have both hands free.

Hope this helps

Sue, Adelaide SA, 11 month old boy

The kapoochie pouch is the only one i would recommend

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

I am an advocate of the Kapoochi pouch myself. It also has the function of a highchair by attaching itself to a normal chair with the straps that are used to go around the waist.

Cathy, m of 3 boys, trying for #4.

Hi anthea,

I own one of the theodore bean carriers and it is fantastic is it very comfortable for me and my 6 week old son
I bought it from Target and it was about $100

Let me know how you go

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

I also own a theodore bean carrier and it's available here in sydney at Target that rrp for $100. My husband uses it all the time whenever a stroller is not accessible and he loves it! It comes in either black or blue- if you look around, you might be able to get a limited edition leather carrier. The black carrier i have, is great and is safe and breathable for both the parent and child.
Sign in to follow this topic