Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Early Morning Feeds Rss

I have a wonderful husband who since my daughter was born two years ago has gotten up on the weekend mornings to feed, dress and watch her so I get a chance to catch up on some sleep, she has slept through the night since she was 8 mths old but tells me how much he loves the time when it's just him and her. Now we have a 2 mth old little boy and when he first came from hospital my husband got up to him the whole night for the first 8 nights and then did the weekend thing again and loves the mornings when he plays with both of them and has bonded with them in the most magical way. Is there other dads out there who not only do this for their partners but also for themselves?
My husband is really great with our 3 month old. He gets her out of bed in the morning and brings her into our bed for play time before he goes to work. In the afternoon he either takes her for a shower or baths her. Both really enjoy this time spent together bonding.

Her little face just lights up every afternoon when he arrives home from work. Its great to have a husband that spends so much time with our child. Some dad's don't spend anytime with there children at an earily age......it is a shame, as it is so rewarding to see her face light up everytime she sees her dad.

Its good to see other dad's spending time bonding.

Lee,QLD,18/12/02 baby girl 26/09/05 baby boy

My little boy is nearly 18 months now. In the first couple of months when I would get up during the night to feed my son, my husband would get up also to keep me company and get me water or anything I needed. He would also take our son once I had fed him and change his nappy and settle him to sleep.
Unfortunately, he couldn't keep this up every night because of work but would do it when he could which was nice time together for both of them (and nice for me too).

Mum of 1, NSW

My husband would also get up when we still had night feeds. He would get our little boy out of his craddle and hand him to me, half way through a feed a he would take him and change his nappy and then back to me for the rest of the feed. He still continues to get up night if our son needs attending to. He finds this time very special as it is when our normally really snuggly son is extra snuggly. We also take it turns on the weekend with getting up at 600 or 700 with our son.

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

My partner never quite got into the early morning feeds, however, now that we have had to wean our daughter, he has taken over the evenings. Now for her last feed of the night, he sits down and feeds her, and then off to the tub they go and he gives her a bath and plays with her, and then before dressing her she gets a wonderful full body massage. Once she's dressed they have a snuggle on the couch and then he pops her into bed and she goes off to sleep without any problems.

And the thing is, it's just so beautiful to see my partner bonding so well with our daughter.

Kirria & Little Miss Hannah

Now that my partner has gone back to work, things have worked out well. He is a shift worker, so when our daughter wakes up at 4 am for her bottle he is right there willing and able to feed and change her. As our daughter usually sleeps through her midnight bottle, this means I get a good night sleep. He conciders this as his time with our daughter and likes to sit with her until she gets tired enough to go to bed and then goes to bed himself.

Debbi,NSW, Mum to Krystal (3) and Hayley (2mth)

Sign in to follow this topic