Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

hair conditions when breastfeeding Rss

Any mums out there having problems with itchie skull/dandruff while breastfeeding. Had it with first daughter now again with second one, driving me crazy any one with a fix

paula, nz, 2 babes

I've only had a problem with my hair falling out! Sorry I can't help you.

SA, 2 boys

Hi, I suffer from something like that all the time but worse when I was pregnant. Have you tried using Head and Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Dry Scalp Shampoo. This works for me. Hope it helps you.

Sam, Brissie Mum DD 13, DS 10, DS 5 & DS 5 months

hi
alot of hair and scalp problems are hormonal and also your diet plays a major part aswell. you must drink plenty of water and vitamen b12 is also good for hair and scalp.
i am a hairdresser and this product is really good for those itchy dry scalps. although when you use it you wont want to be seen by anybody the next morning as it makes you look like a greasy monster.
its lethecin oil. you massage it into your scalp before you go to bed and you shampoo your hair when you wake up the next morning. .( make sure you use an old pillow case as it can leave an oily stain, or a coloured stain if you tinted your hair in the past 2 weeks b4 using it) if you cant find lethicin oil , try the vo5 hot oil . just make sure u massage it really well into your head. or get your hubby to massage it in 4 u smile

try not to use anything that will strip out the natural oils from your hair as this may be a good short term fix its making the prob worse for the long term
ie. the more u try to wash it away the more your body makes. (oil and scales )

i'm not sure where you could buy this from as we used to get it from our supplier. u could try the chemist or a health shop, or even your hairdresser. they might be able to order some for you. but they will prob make you do it there so they can make money from you.
sorry i wrote so much.
i hope it helps

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hey chelby
jus wondered where do you work? i'm on the lookout for a new hairdresser:)!! hey our bubs are only like a week apart! what hospital did you give birth at? if you wan chat that'd be great to share experiences and stuff!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Sign in to follow this topic