Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Feeding Expressed Milk Rss

My baby is 7 weeks old now. When he was 4 weeks I started giving him expressed milk in the bottle because I will be returning to work pretty soon. To get him used to feeding both on the breast and the bottle, I gave him a bottle of expressed milk every day, but he is only taking very little milk from the bottle (40mls). I'm very worried as when I return to work, the carer will give him the bottle and he will be not getting enough milk. Any suggestions from experienced mothers out there. Your answers or advices are appreciated.
Hi,

I too am just beginning to go back to work and am expressing for that reason! So far Hubby has only given my son his bottles, and it has been great! Maybe bubby wants to breastfeed from you and when the situation happens that a carer has bottle in their hands he will be happy to take it! I am sure he won't let himself starve, he is just a bit peticular on what you feed him!

Best of luck
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi There,
I expressed with my first for 5 months as I had too much trouble feeding her. At first it was really, really hard as I couldn't get her to take the bottle as she could 'smell' me & wanted the breast. The best thing I did was pass her to my hubby & he fed her while I went into anothr room & expressed. In no time at all (2 days) she was taking the bottle like that's all she'd ever known & it was about 2 wks before I could give her a bottle without her expecting to breastfeed.
I hope this helps you,
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

Sign in to follow this topic