Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

3 month old babies Rss

Hi all! I'm a first time with of a gorgeous little boy who is fast approaching 3 months. I was just wondering what sort of things he should be doing, or starting to do at this age. I realise all babies develope at different rates, but i guess i just want to know what to expect in the next few months!! Thanx heaps

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi
well as you have already said babies develop at different rates and my little girl is now 3mths old and I am always interested in what she will be soon doing so I guess really in the next couple of months things that I expect will happen is she will roll over soon, start talking more (baby sounds of course), begin on solids, interact more and more with her surrounds and toys grasp things for longer periods of time start to try sittting up, and eventually sit up those are just a few general things. But really who knows what she does next but whatever it is I know it will become the best new trick ever. And I am sure it will be the same for your little boy.

Deb, Vic

Hey!! Where in Victoria do you live? It might be fun to catch up if we're not too far away from eachother ... it'd be nice to find a little playmate for my bub!! Just out of curiousity, when do you plan to start your daughter on solids?? I'm interested to know, as I've been told to wait till 6 months! Is that necessary?

Well firstly I am in Ballarat, feel free to e-mail me if you want debra_lawrence@hotmail.com.And well if you are near by that would be a great idea.

On the solids thing I was a bit unsure about that myself so I was talking to my MCH nurse about it last visit and she advised me that even though my bub can hold her head up and sit supported etc hold off with the solids until her sleep pattern at night changes. My little one will sleep up to 10 hours straight and a sign that she is ready for solids is when she wakes earlier then normal because she is hungry, or at 4mths if she isn't waking at night she suggested to slowly introduce farex for a couple of weeks before anything else. Hope this helps you a little bit.

Deb, Vic

hi
i was chatting to a friend of mine about solids the other day, her bub is 8mths. she said she tried giving her a teaspoon of farex when she was about 4 mths but it came straight back out. if their tounge is poking out all the time it can be a sign that they r not yet ready for solids. she tried every 5 days with the 1 tsp of farex and her bub statred on solids at 5 mths. u should start when ever u think the time is right. theres no rush.
my daughter hannah is 13weeks and already shows signs of teething. her fist is constantly in her mouth . she is dribbling all over herslf . her bottom gums u can see the white teeth under the gum line. we got her a teething ring but i have to hold it for her , shes too young do hold it in her mouth herself.her cousin got her first tooth at 17weeks

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hey chelby,
thanx for the advice. my bub is dribbling non stop, has been for the past month or so but i cant see any indication of teeth appearing any time soon!! whats hannah's birthdate coz its probably within a few days of my little one! i want to get my bub a teething toy but my partner wants to wait a bit longer until he is actually ready for it; i just want the excitement of buying it!! As for solids we've decided to wait till he's four months, and then give em a go

Hannah was born 13.11.03.
i went shopping today and bought her a teething ring, its in the fridge at the moment. i was in the shop for 45mins trying to pick one. hannah was home with her dad so i took my time.lol. i always say to her dad " but what if she needs it in the middle of the night and the shops r closed she'll cry all night"
greg works nightshift so i dont have a car , thats my other excuse haha!
smile and mainly i just buy stuff for the fun of it and put it away in her draw til she needs it.
have you had a look on the heinz website? it looks like farex baby cereal is made my heinz.
my girlfriends little one hates heinz cereal but loves farex.

my bub was born on 18/11 so there's not even a weeks difference in age! cool hey? waz that your due date? what hospital did you give birth at ... sorry if this sounds like an interrogation, im just curious!! by the way ... i'm planning on getting bub a teething ring in the next week or so!!

hi
my due date was 17th but i was enduced cause my blood pressure was up and i had a high level of protein in my urine, which can lead to kidney probs.
i had an emergency c section . they tried everything to get her out but then she got stuck i had the vaccum and they didnt get time to try the foresops and her heartrate dropped down really low and she had to get out of me quick smart. all i remember is the midwife yelling out "u better get in here we have to get this baby out now" i kept asking what was going on but nobody would answer me. they were too busy taking out my earrings and putting a drip in my hand. and greg (Hannahs dad) was starting to cry which made me freak even more. he said he just thought the worst. esp when 10ppl came into the room all at once.
thank goodness its all over. smile
i was in wollongong hospital.( nsw 1hr south of sydney)
the only prob i have with the teething ring is that i gotta hold it for her( hehehe!)
hannah was in intensive care for almost 2wks. i was in hosp for 9 days. they gave her all these tests. she had a lumba punch and a head scan she had blood tests every day for the jaundice.
it was gut wrenching.
but she is great now. shes the best thing since sliced bread smile

Oh my Chelby!!! Sorry, I just read about your whole labour process and I thought I had it bad!! I also had an emergency c-section after they heard the heartbeat drop then couldn't find it, I was out of it on pethidine which was frustrating as hell because I couldn't comprehend what was going on! Though one look at my husbands face (was also crying) told me whatever it was wasn't good! He came out meconium (can't spell it) stained after I was in labour for 3 days.. thankfully he came out well with no problems. You must have gone through hell! Was it your first baby? was mine, unfortunate 1st labour experience!
My little pride and joy is just over 3 1/2mths old now. And as someone else mentioned all babies develop at different rates. My Aurora is now holding her head up almost unassisted and is pushing herself up onto her little fists, she's getting quite strong now. I just started her on some solids today, because she's abit of a guzzler with her milk! And i tell you what it seems to of settled her as she's not a small baby. But she was actually whimpering for more of the solid food, which is good to get her used to it.

Victoria, W.A, 4mth baby

hI NEWMUM
yep 1st baby. why a way for us to experience the 1st. but it wont put me off having a 2nd or even a 3rd. i remember in labor i said (whilst having a contraction) i'm never doing this again. tears rolling down my face.. wow 3 days of labor. i went 4hrs. and i thought that was bad enough smile when was your little fella born?

Sign in to follow this topic