Huggies Forum

How to lose Baby Fat?! :D Rss

Ok. So looking for the advice from all mums... what is the secret to getting back to your "before baby" size so you can stop wearing big baggy clothes...
How do you eat healthy and exercise and care for a 6 mth old when you are getting broken nights as well?
I am looking for motivation, inspiration, ideas, whatevers out there! grin
I'm hearing you! I have a 5 month old and since he was 6 weeks old ive been trying to get back to what i used to be, it's hard very hard when you have another person there 24/7 demanding your attention. I've been doing exercises with my son ie lunges, squats and sit-ups and we go for a walk up big hills with the pram haha for me it's working gradually,as for eating I've just substituted the bad things for better things like instead of pasta I buy whole grain pasta (tastes the same) I buy brown rice, I eat whole grain, whole meal or rye bread instead of white, I basically just cut down on the carbohydrates, eating fresh fruits and vegetables and if I want a snack it's nuts or fruit but the weekend I use to eat pizza and naughty things I can't during the week.
I hope this helps a little!
Good luck smile
thanks heaps.
it helps to know u are not the only one that cant just pop back to pre-baby weight magically!
my best friend only put on 7kg when she was having her baby and ended up less then her prior weight a few wks after the birth (and she eats white everythings and loads of sugar!!) so i automatically thought that was normal!! smile
thanks for the tips... i already do the wholegrain, brown rice, etc thing but i am terrible at snacking on sweet stuff... i need to learn to put nuts & fruit in my shopping instead of sweet biscuits etc! and when do u walk him? after or before naps, evenings or mornings? i just never seem to get time? and i only have 1 babY! haha
I try to walk him after a feed so he goes to sleep in the pram, I also find its easier to go for a walk if you actually plan to do something for example I will walk to the shops instead of driving or take my son to see the ducks at the pond smile I was 61kgs before I was pregnant 83.5kgs the day before I gave birth and the next week after I was back to 63kgs but I've put alot of weight on lol too scared to step on the scales now!

I've got this problem too! I put on about 9kg with baby and then I lost it all within a week after having her, and had heaps of comments that it didn't look like I had just had a baby, but since I stopped breast feeding I've just been eating so much crap, heaps of sweet things cos it just seems easier when you don't have any time in the day sort of thing, now I've put on heaps of weight and feeling really horrible! Definitely looks like I've had a baby now and she is almost 3 months old.

kptnz wrote:
I've got this problem too! I put on about 9kg with baby and then I lost it all within a week after having her, and had heaps of comments that it didn't look like I had just had a baby, but since I stopped breast feeding I've just been eating so much crap, heaps of sweet things cos it just seems easier when you don't have any time in the day sort of thing, now I've put on heaps of weight and feeling really horrible! Definitely looks like I've had a baby now and she is almost 3 months old.

It's horrible isn't sad i just keep doing everything gradually it's the only way lol
My problem came later. Sigh. I lost my baby weight very quickly with BFing and looked pretty good for a couple of years then as soon as I stopped BF I lost my boobs and gained a paunch, so now I am flatchested but look 5 months pregnant. Yech! Trying to cut back on the sweet snacks (very hard for me) and upping the exercise.
Hopeful Hippo wrote:
My problem came later. Sigh. I lost my baby weight very quickly with BFing and looked pretty good for a couple of years then as soon as I stopped BF I lost my boobs and gained a paunch, so now I am flatchested but look 5 months pregnant. Yech! Trying to cut back on the sweet snacks (very hard for me) and upping the exercise.

This is me too. I was looking pre pregnancy at about 6-7 months after giving birth and then the last few months I have just gone crap food crazy and look pregnant again. It's awful and I'm finding it so difficult to lay off the junk. I feel like I need to go to a tropical island where all the food is fresh and all I do is swim and walk. For like 3 months. Ha.

OK Shine On and Raspberry, let's go. It's the only way. wink
haha... sounds fun

hey, in all seriousness.... who would be interested in doing a "forum" weight loss challenge?...
like if we all submit our start weight and goal weight for a certain date and then keep each other updated?
maybe its a better (post xmas) idea?
Haha. my oldest friend owns a guest house in the Cook Islands so it's totally possible hahaha. Apart from the work and family and the money etc etc

But yes, Kayell I am probably keen to accept your challenge. If I had to post daily about what junk food I ate that day, I would most likely stop eating so much junk....or tell major fibs! If you start it up, I'll join. smile

I'm up for that too smile I've been doing OK, but I still have a long way to go. After having my first I went onto the depo and put on about 20 kg. I'm still trying to shift it sad It would be good to have someone to do it with rather than just by myself.

One thing I found was that I was having big breakfasts. I was still needing morning tea fairly early. So I cut my breakfast size down and it fills me up for the same amount of time. I need to have a bit more some days, but most of the time I can happily have the smaller breakfast and be fine.

I've also switched my morning hot chocolate (with 3tsp chocolate stuff and 2tsp sugar) to a green tea with 1tsp sugar. Though I'll admit that is only because I'm breastfeeding my DD who can't have dairy and the hot chocolate tastes awful with soy/almond milk tongue

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sign in to follow this topic