Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Survey: Vomiting Baby Research

Survey: Vomiting Baby Research Rss

I am interested in the correlation between birth method either c-sect or traditional (vaginal delivery) and the occurrence of reflux or vomiting babies. I had a c-sect and my boy has been vomiting since day 1. I read there was a high correlation between C-sect and this disorder due to the mucus not being squished out but rather sucked out. As I do alot of reading this took my interest so I was hoping that we could run some stats here and see what we come up with. All you need to do is say what method of birth you had and whether your baby has a reflux / vomit problem or not.
Cheers
Jack's Mum

WA

hi well i had a vaginal birth and my daughter has been vomiting from day one she dosent seem to spew as much now since i took her to see a chiropractor but she still spews abit.
Hi westiegirl, I had a caesarean and my son has reflux. He also had colic. He is 16 months old and had a huge vomit this morning! In my mothers group out of the 10 from our anti natal classes 7 had caesareans but I have the only child with reflux. One other lady had a son with colic. One of the mums have a friend who's son suffered from reflux and she had a vaginal birth. I too looked at a possible link so at one stage I was asking anyone I could about this. Perhaps you may have more luck than me. Good luck.
Both of by girls were vaginal delivery and neither of them were particularly sicky babies

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

hi. i had a traditional with a little bit of help due to kayla being stressed. kayla is nine months now. kayla suffered from silent reflux and exetremily bad colic until six months. hope this helps. korina

KORINA, WA, 9MTH KAYLA

Hi,

I had two normal deliveries and neither children have been spewey!!

Just thought i would throw my bit in!

Tepe smile

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

My baby is also sicky, I had a C-sect and he has been vomity since about a week old. I also thought that there may be a correlation between the two. The results of your survey will be interesting.

good luck

Dan

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

hiya

I had c-sect and Jackson is a vomitting baby. He has been like this since he was born.

Lou

Lou, QLD,16 month old baby boy- Jackson

Hi westiegirl, I forgot another friend who had a vaginal birth and her son has reflux. I also work with a lady who had 2 vaginal births and both of her children suffered from reflux.
I had a vaginal delivery and my daughter who is 11 months old has never had a vomiting or reflux problem. Hope this helps.
Howdy

I had a vaginal birth, and baby hasn't had any reflux problems. She's a little spewy though, but I don't know if it's any more or less than normal.

Mel in NSW & beaut 3mth old baby

Hi Jacks mum
I had a c-sect and my daughter was diagnosed with severe reflux at 8 weeks.

Linda, NSW, mum of Olivia (b) 03.01.03

Sign in to follow this topic