Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Help with breastfeeding please??

Help with breastfeeding please?? Rss

I have a 20mnth old and a 4 mnth old, although I did not breastfeed my eldest child I don't exactly know what to do. I have been exclusively breastfeeding my 4mnth old, and I am now working part time as well, so the babysitter gives it to him in a bottle. For the last month or so, my milk has been looking a little watery and my son just isn't getting full unless he has at least 2 bottles each feed. Is it my eating habits? I really do not want to put him onto formula as my partner is not happy with this idea. In a 6 week span between Plunket visits he hadn't put on any weight at all and this concerns me a little, even though the plunket said he was still at a healthy wieght. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
Have you thought about introducing solids? slow weight gains and drinking a lot can be signs that your little one needs something more. I started my daughter on solids at 20 weeks because she was often hungry, had slow weight gains and was waking through the night when she had previously slept through. Most babies beging solids between 4 and 6 months. I would be reluctant to switch to formula before trying some solid food. Hope you figure it out. Let me know how it goes.
Thank you for your advice, I put him onto solids and he is doing very well now. i am still breastfeeding but it has cut down andhe is loving the babyfood. Although he does get carried away with the food he tries to eat my arm off.

haha

thanks
Sign in to follow this topic