Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

refusing milk Rss

Hello everyone,

I am a new mum, my daughter is 3.5 months old.

My baby is being bottle feed, she was having around 160ml at about 2mths, but all of a suddden she only have a full 180ml bottle early in the morning and the rest of the day she only takes around 60ml, and would not have any more in between until her next feed, (every 3-4hours), even after i played with her a little and tried to force her later but she still refuses. i am feeding her on s26 gold. this has been going on for about a month now.

Could this be that she a lazy or she just got a small appetite. Please advise.

nsw, baby girl 15/11/03

my daughter is the same age. at 2months she was having 100mls every 4 hrs. but she was gaining weight and had lots of wet nappies.

she is now having 150ml-200ml bottles still 4 hourly.
last week for about 2 or 3 days all she was drinking each feed was 90 to 120 mls. and today she had 6x200ml bottles which is one more bottle than normal.
if you get too worried and her nappies aren't as wet then you should go see your doc just to be safe.
Hannah was 3325g at birth and last week when i had her weighed she was 6400gms

maybe you could even try a different teat on the bottle.
but i think your best bet would be to ask an expert
smile

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hello

Our little one did exactly the same. Don't hesitate in switching over to Infasoy. Give this a go for a week. If things get better your baby is probably Lactose intolerant. If this is the answer then switch over to Lactose free milk.

It took us nearly 10 weeks of absolute misery to find out the problem.

Joshua is now feeding well.

Hope this works for you.

Cheers.

Justine
Hello first time mum

I know exactly where you are coming from my daughter is now 9 1/2 months old but we have been going through this since she was 7 weeks old i have taken her to 3 different doctors and also resorted to a paediatrition(spelling?)noone told me anything so we have just had to put up with it she is also on s26 gold. She would cry at the sight of a bottle it is very frustrating hopefully you don't have to deal with it as long as i have. But as long as your child is putting on wieght and is healthy don't be too concerned otherwise you will do your head in like i have!!!!!

Good Luck

BRA QLD 6yo & 4 yo girls

Sign in to follow this topic