Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Formula, where do I start? Rss

Hi everyone!
IO was wondering if anyone could recommend a brand/type of formula to give my 7 month old son while I am at work 2 days a week.
He is normally breast fed but I will need to replace 1 to 2 feeds on those days.
I went to Coles the other day to look at Formulas and thought where do I start. Some advertised iron enriched, or high in this, low in that. I found it quite confusing.
So far he has shown no signs of allergies to any foods, fingers crossed!
Laura

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

hi laura, i think that choosing formula is a very personal choice. i used s26 when my eldest was a baby and i had no trouble. i have no problem in recomending it but if you talk to someone that uses karicare then they would suggest it. maybe ask your gp which one they think would be best. i havent heard anyone say anything bad about any formula, so have fun deciding!!
louise
my boys were all formula fed from day one i used s26 gold they didnt hve any problems

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi Ive just started my daughter 6.5 months on s26 progress and she loves it.She is also still on breastmilk though the night and first thing in the morning. Goodluck!

Carlie, 3 girls 12/02/98,05/08/03 & 06/08/05

Hi Laura

I bottle fed both my kids from day 1 & used Karicare with both of them.
I had no regrets.

Good Luck

Bec
I changed my baby over to formula when she was 3months old. (My milk started to lessen 'cos I fell pregnant again!!!) We decided on S26 Gold, because it seemed the best one there. Later on we changed to the normal S26 because my Health nurse said that there really wasn't much difference between the two, and you're paying a lot more for the S26 Gold. I had trouble getting my baby to change from breast to bottle, so I ended up expressing and mixing breast milk and formula, giving a bit more formula in the bottle than the breastmilk every feed until she would take a straight mix of formula. We haven't had any trouble with S26 and she is now on S26 Progress, which she loves also. (She's 9months now)
Sign in to follow this topic