Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. what a great daddy to us both!

what a great daddy to us both! Lock Rss

hi there! I thought that I would share with you what a lovely person my husband and baby's daddy is. Though he was a wonderful man before our baby came along, he is more so now. It is great to see them interact and not just at play and bath time, but also those other areas in caring for her which some men just leave for the mummies, you know what I mean like nappy changing time, cleaning up time, preparing dinner etc....I am lucky to have such a thoughtful person in my life and am proud of him also. I really do appreciate him when he helps out so much like late night feeds or nappy changes, helping put the pram in and out the car, buckling up the baby in the car seat etc.. though these are all things which we are all capeable of, sometimes a little break from the baby care is thoroughly appreciated, more so when it just happens and I don't need to suggest for him to do so or to ask him to change a nappy for example. I know that it is hard for me to stay at home with our baby, we all want a break from time to time, but I realise that it too is hard for him being apart from her when he goes to work each day. I used to really dislike the inequality of getting out of the house, having a break from the responsiblity of looking after her as it has been so tiring and difficult at times being a first time mum. I have come to understand that I can watch and enjoy seeing our baby develop when milestones are reached and then can happily report that I've seen it for the first time. I hope that there are lots of you out there who's partner/spouse is as thoughtful and understanding as mine.
good for u southaussie
that is so wonderful that hubby apprecaites all that you do by helping you out
i understand how it feels
usually i do "everything" but the past 2 days i have been so flu ridden thank god hubby is on easter break
he has got her up fed,changed bum and dressed her for me
they are out for luch at the moment and it has helped me soooo much
give yourself a pat on the back for having sucha wonderfrul man in your life
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi southaussie, I know where you a coming from my partner is excellent with our daughter and helps me out especailly when I need help with something or im sick and its great to have someone has you can depend you when things get hard or you are just to tired.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hey SJ,

Its great to hear that your hubby is hands on and a great help. My fiance is up there too, but it does take some gentle persuasion sometimes! :S Even though we own our own business and he does physical work usually 6 days a week he still comes home and cooks our dinner. And he always helps with putting bubby in the car and humming him to sleep during the night if he wakes and when I am lucky he baby sits on a saturday so I can get my hair done or a beauty treatment. And he doesnt complain too much when I go shopping (almost every day tongue ).

Im glad to hear that you guys are doing well, we all need support and reasurances - especially us first timers - I do consider myself lucky to have a helpful partner to share this experience with xx

Sign in to follow this topic