Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Peanut Butter? Rss

when can you give babies peanut butter? my daughter is nearly 9mths old?
'they' suggest all the high allergy risk foods to be given after 12 months.
Hi

I gave my son Peanut Butter for the 1st time at the age of 2 & he was allergic to it he came up in hives all around his mouth & on his face. My Dr said 2 is a good age to try Peanut Butter as there body is able to cope a little better if they have an allergic reaction.

Hope this helps

Bec
I didn't try my son on peanut butter till he was at least 12 months old because of the risk of an allergic reaction! Once you do try make sure it's the smooth stuff not the crunchy!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Nat,
I would avoid peanut butter until your daughter is at least 18 months old, or older if there are any known allergys to peanuts in your or your partners family. Peanuts are a very common allergy food, especially in children, and can cause severe reactions. When you do try her on it, give her a small taste on a spoon, and see what happens in the next 24 hours. If no reactions, then it should be safe to allow her to have it. Hope this helps you.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

hi everyone thanx for your replies i always thought you couldnt give them peanut butter for ages but just needed to know forsure thanx everyone does what about foods with traces of peanuts in them does this also apply to them?
If you or your partener have nut allergies I would delay trace foods also. I have a peanut allergy and trace foods (donuts from coles or woolies, some crackers and chocolates etc) set my allergy off too.
Sign in to follow this topic