Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

HELP! Rss

Hi everyone,
My bubs is 7 months old and has been eating solids now for over a month. Doing great!. I would really like him to start holding onto his bottle while feeding, i was told by a mother of 2 it helps heaps. I use PUR brand bottles. Any suggestoins on how to do this?. Should I chage to another brand with handles or should I buy a training cup and put the formula in that?.
Thanks for info.
M

Hi Meta,

I don't know which state you're in, but we have a baby store here called Baby Kingdom, I only noticed this a few months ago whilst walking up the isle, that there is such a thing as a bottle holder. You insert the bottle through it, and it helps baby balance and hold on to it.

What I've been doing with my son (I feed him while he sits in his rocker), is that I place both his hands around the bottle, and I elevate it for him. This helps in the training process.

As for the baby cup, I offer it to him with water at least once a day so as he gets used to the feel of the nozzel, he still doesn't realise that he has to suck it, and not chew it to get anything out!!

Hope this is of some use to you.

Regards...Mary

Mary, NSW, mother of two

hi, my eldest daughter was bottle fed and she didn't hold her own bottle till she was about 9 months old nothing worked for me, i just had to wait until she wanted to do it. i told by the clinic sisters never to leave the bottle propped up with a blanket while she was in a rocker and leave her because she may choke.
good luck
louise
Mya started holding her own bottle at about 6.5months. I only use the normal bottle, no fancy things or handles. I have heard you should always hold your baby when feeding. I suppose incase they chock or something, it also helps with the bonding thing.

Kerrie

Kerrie,NZ,

Hi my daughter is nearly 1 and still wont hold her bottle, she will drink out of a cup with water in it but if we put milk in it she wont even hold her cup,she just cries until she gets a bottle. i think its a comfort thing as i always hold her when she has a bottle, we even tried the bottles with the handls but that didnt work either..

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic