Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. whats your 7mth old have for lunch?

whats your 7mth old have for lunch? Rss

hi well i have a 7 1/2mth old daughter and i have totally just ran out of ideas of something for lunch for her she has gone right off the tin stuff and i am wondering if anyone has any good ideas of something different that i can give her for lunch?
thanx any ideas would greatly be a appriciated.
Hi Nat,
My 8 month old boy loves milk arrowroot biscuits softened with boiled water. He will eat 4 of these plus half a jar of custard, yoghurt, gel or fruit, and half a slice of cheese or cheese stick. He also loves toast with vegemite. I peel an apple and give it to him whole. He loves the cold on his gums, and as it is whole, has a harder time bitting off big pieces. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

My daughter is 8.5 months and although I don't think her menu is anything novel it may be of some help: natural yoghurt with pureed fruit, mashed bananaor avocado, baked beans (lightly mashed), pureed fruit with cottage cheese, leftover home cooked dinners such as beef casserole, spaghetti bolognese etc. If she eats it all I give her some homemade custard, fruit gel, crusket or milk arrowroot biscuit, sliced banana or pear as dessert.

I am about to introduce her to vegemite sandwiches as well as she eats toast fingers quite well for breakfast.

Hope this helps a bit!
Hi, my almost seven month old son has a variety of vegies for lunch with a piece of toast or the crust of the bread. When I get time, I cook heaps of veggies (potato, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, broccoli) and mash them in the mouli, then freeze them in ice cube trays. once frozen, I put them in zip lock bags in the freezer. I usually give him two cubes of two different vegies for lunch with his bread. The watery ones I thicken with a bit of rice cereal. I hope this helps

Dan

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

my son is 11mths old now and when he was 7 mths i use to give him fruit and other days i would give him toast cause it was easier for him to eat than a sandwhich i out no butter and just a little bit of vegemite which he loved

Jade(Ryleigh 24/07/2004)

Sign in to follow this topic