Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. baby will only eat canned baby food

baby will only eat canned baby food Rss

Can any one help my son will only eat canned baby food anything I make he wont eat and wont open his mouth. I dont no what to do as it can be expensive feeding him like this.
Hi Sharon,
You don't say exactly what you are trying to feed him, but have you tried putting his food into a baby food jar and feeding him out of that, at least until he gets used to the new flavours and textures. All you could try finger foods, with lots of different colours. I also have an 8 month old son, but I am lucky, he eats anything and everything! Let me know if you want to chat, and good luck.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Sharon,
Have you tried pureeing/ mashing the food to exactly how the jar baby food is? What food have you been trying to get him to taste?

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Canned food is so different to real food. The taste, texture and smell. Check with the community nurses and see if they have any solutions. Hope you work it out. What canned food is the baby eating?

Tanya,QLD, 5yr, 3yr, 6mth

Hi,

Would you be able to mix some of the can food in with some food you've made and gradually lessen the amount of can food so that your baby is getting used to the flavour of home made stuff? This is what i'm thinking of doing!

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

Sign in to follow this topic