Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. How much food does a 7mth old need?

How much food does a 7mth old need? Rss

My baby girl is 7 months old and I know how much milk she needs at her age but I'm not sure about solids. I feed her 1 weetbix for breakie, a jar of banana custard for lunch and a jar of vegies for tea. Is this enough?

Hi,

My baby boy is 7 1/2 months old and he seems to have a bit more than that. He has a bottle when he wakes up (180ml), then mid morning he has rice cereal mixed with pureed fruit (pear, peach & apricot). For lunch he has two slices of white sandwich bread (crust removed) with butter, tiny bit of vegemite plus grated cheese on top, followed by a few spoonfulls of jelly. For an early dinner (4.30 - 5pm) he has forked mashed vegies (pumpkin, sweet corn, potato, carrot & broccoli) and minced meat mixed together - which he loves. After his bath and just before bed I offer him another bottle (180ml) which he loves and looks forward to.

I make all his meals myself, he just won't eat any type or brand of tin baby food.

Like you, I was unsure, whether my baby was eating enough or too much, so I took him to my local chemist and had him weighed. Accoring to the blue book he is within the normal weight range for his age, so he must be eating enough for his age.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you require any other info.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Sign in to follow this topic