Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

What else can I give her? Rss

My daughter is 6 months old, and I only stated on solids 2 weeks ago because I am breastfeeding and April was gaining weight fine. When I started the solid food she was quite hesitant but then really got into it and now she loves her food. She loves Avacado and Banana and really doesnt mind squash either.

Does any one have any more suggestions on what foods I can try her on?

Lydia, mum to beautiful april + girl due 16th sept

Hi again,

We have tried most vegies and when Sophie was eating these proved popular.
Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Carrot, Zuccini & Beans. She wasn't fussed with Potato.

Fruit wasn't a success for us we only really enjoyed mango & pear.

Good Luck!!!!! Mine won't eat much at all anymore.

Dee.
Hi AprilsMum

Other good first foods are:- stewed apple or pear, pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, natural yoghurt (you can mix it with fruit or veg), meat and chicken - just puree with some potato. Just try one food at a time for 3 or 4 days to make sure she doesn't have a reaction. Your child health nurse should be able to give you a list of safe foods. If you have a family history of allergy it's best to avoid dairy and wheat for a while. Hope this helps.

Jasmine
Pawpaw is a great one as it is really good for you and easy to just spoon into bubs mouth. My boy loved it.
My son has been on solids for about 3 weeks now. We started off with one meal a day for a few days but that wasn't working so we went to two of rice cereal mixed with a little fruit, as he refused to eat it plain. He loves it like this, it doesn't matter what fruit its mixed with he'll eat it.
Last week we tried pumpkin which he scoffed down for the first four days then refused it, we tried potatoes ate a little, gagged on it threw it up then refused it too. We tried sweet potatoe today and he didn't take to that either just sat it in his mouth or spat it out.
Help!
I want him to get established on veggies before introducing fruits but so far its not working. I've taken to giving him veggies at lunch and cereal for tea to help him through the night (but we also have sleeping issues).
I don't want to give him rice cereal for both feeds as this made him slightly constipated and then we had problems with doing number 2, more sleepless nights.
Any one with any ideas at all, I'll try anything as I'm at my wits end.
Kristy

member since 2004

Sign in to follow this topic