Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. What's your 11 month old eating?

What's your 11 month old eating? Rss

Hi girls!
I was after some interesting but fuss free lunch and snack ideas for babies around 11 months to a year.

Also, what do you give your bubs when you are out and about apart from the old rusks and milk arrowroot biscuits as a quick snack?
hi kj

i know alot of mums may look down on me saying this but my baby gal eats whateva i eat
weetbix for brekkie
sandwich for lunch and some yougert
and then wat eva the evening meal is
really i feel at that age they have to experience things although i dont give her things like nuts and stuff but then i dont eat them either

good luck and do wat u want really no one can tell u how to raise your child cos in the end ur the mum

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hi KJ,
My boy is 11months old and a really good eater; much better than his sister was at the same age (or maybe I'm just more confident and allow him to try more food than I did with her).
For snacks I give him sultanas, grapes, grated apple, watermelon, cheesesticks or a slice of cheese, cruskits, saladas, banana, little home-made muffins (banana flavour or apple/ sultana), those Heinz baby fruit bars, rice biscuits, etc.
Some lunch ideas are: scrambled eggs or omlette with ingredients such as tuna, grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated cheese, broccoli,etc ; or egg-bread which is bread soaked in whisked egg then lightly pan fried on each side. I also give him plain cooked pasta spirals and just spread them all over the high chair tray for him to eat. I must admit though, I'm often too busy and disorganised (or too lazy) to give him anything except for fruit, yoghurt and/or a sandwich for lunch.
Michelle
This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hannah's 10 and a half months. For breakfast she has weet bix, porridge, or rice cereal with fruit. For lunch she has some yoghurt and a vegemite sandwich, for tea she has a bowl of vegies and if i'm having suitable meat she has that too followed by soy vanilla custard. She also has some fruit each day and a biscuit. All this and she still has a breastfeed every 2 hours! No wonder she's such an active and smart little girl.

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

Sign in to follow this topic