Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. baby wakes every 2 to 3 hours

baby wakes every 2 to 3 hours Rss

Hi my name is sue. My daughters name is jessica. she wakes every 2 to 3 Hours. She is 9 months old. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old as well. I know I have my hands full. But I'm enjoying it. If you want to talk to be. I'd love to get your e-mails. You can talk about anything. I am a good listener. I haven't done this before. I hope it works out.
hi sue my name is narelle. my 6 month old daughter is also named jessica! i also have a 8yo daughter named monica.
My daughter Jessica also wakes often but I found putting the soft rug that she sleeps on during the day into her cot at night she only wakes up twice or three times a night. She is also teething which doesnt help much. Have you had any trouble getting your kids to eat vegies when they first started solids? Jessica just wont have a bar of them and its got me worried that she isnt getting enough nutrience because all she wants to eat is custards! I dont know how you can handle having three kids under the age of 4! i have enough trouble with mine. My 8yo is at that stage where she doesnt listen, chucks tantrums when she doesnt get her own way and talks back. I am at my wits end with her! I know school has something to do with it and the other kids she hangs around with. Hopefully she will grow out of it. anyway its been nice chatting to you. write back soon.

Narelle, VIC, Mum to Monica & Jessica,EDD 24th May

Hi jessemon. Thanks for your reply. My jessica hates veggi's she only likes banana & egg custards. But I sometime trick her with beef & veggies with custards. its sound yuk but it works. I've started her on full cows milk, still giving her formula. but she is happy. My 4 year old does have veggies if I bribe him. My 2 year no she hate veggies, I'm still trying though. Where do you live? I live in Jamisontown NSW Australia. I've never done this before. I hope it works out.
hi sue you will be so tired getting up every two hours Ethan went 3 to 4 hours when he was born but when he was a mouth old 5 to 6 hour than he sleep all night from 7.30 to 6.30 and still does that he is now 7 1/2 mouth ...//////

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Hi, my baby CEline is also 9 months old and also wakes every 2 to 3 hours! This is considered good as a week ago, for nearly 9 weeks, she was either waking every hour, or staying up for an hour! ITs probably due to her catching 3 colds and teething her first 2 teeth all at once! I dunno how u cope with 2 more kids! U must be exhausted!
Hi keeffes! I hope your baby girl is sleeping better now! I have had the same problem since my girl was born. She is almost 11 months now and I still can't remember what it is like to have a decent night sleep. She goes to bed 6pm (too early you say, but I have found it IMPOSSIBLE to make her go to bed later than that time), then she wakes up 5-6 times during the night right untill 6am when she finaly gets up. I take her to bed with us almost every night at about 2-3am, just because I get sick of jumping in and out of my bed to settle her. So, I too don't know what to do anymore and I have tried everything. Some times it gets too much and I "loose it" and have to leave the room for half a hour to cool down, even if she is crying. Sleep deprivation can drive you insane. I pray for a miracle every night!
Ladies, please tell me if it gets better later on??? This is my first child amd may be the last the way it is going... Thanks,

Sydney, little girl nearly 3.

hi vika, i know what you are going through. my 10month old daughter does the same thing. she hates the cot for some reason so putting her in there is a no no!! i had he sleep with me everynight but it got to the point where i had enough because even though she was small she ended up being a bed hog and my husband and i were squashed! so i came up with another idea just now to see if it worked cause i just had enough of her waking up all the time for either a bottle or just to cry because of her teething (poor little thing) so i put her in a portacot and she loves it. i dont know if its because shes got more height in it or its much smaller than her cot but it seemed to do the trick. with the teething she still hasnt cut her first tooth and thats giving her alot of grief (myself also) i just wish it would hurry up so she can feel alot better because she just hates taking pain relief. anyway i hope i have given you some useful advice.
from narelle.

Narelle, VIC, Mum to Monica & Jessica,EDD 24th May

Hello Vika,
My son is 10 months old tomorrow, and he is doing the same thing. He goes to bed at 7pm - and there is no changing that - he wakes anywhere from 12:30 - 3:30 and usually at 3:30 I feed him, then he wakes again between 4:30 and 5:00 and I put him into bed with us as well. Just this week he woke every hour from 11:30 through to 3:30 and then I fed him and he woke again at 4:30. He's not crying, just whingy, and he doesn't have any teeth yet.

Have you received any hints at all? What was your birth like? If it was traumatic and stressful on your both, I'd recommend you go to a chiropractor and see if everything is ok.

Amanda, Brisbane, 10mth baby boy

Hi Vika, Narelle, Amanda and everyone else

Each entry that I read from you guys, I felt, thank God, I'm not the only one going through it.
Sometimes it feels that way, when it's the middle of the night and I have to get about 200 times to settle my son, or put the dummy back in his mouth etc.
My son Nicholas, 5 months is also teething and is even more unsettled with his sleeping & eating - it is giving him so many problems as well as for me and my husband.
I can't wait for the day to come when I can wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and satisfied with my sleep, as it makes me a different person, which I then carry into my household etc.

Everyone just says that they'll grow out of it when they are ready to and every baby is diffferent etc, but it seems so hard when it is you going through it.
That's why I am so grateful for this site, as it allows me to feel that I'm not alone and to express my thoughts and feelings, because I can tell people how I feel, but unless they are going through it at the momoent, they can't understand as much as all you guys can. - even my husband can't understand it all, as I am the one getting out of bed etc, as he works through the day and he is on the road alot, so he needs his concentration.

But - we will all get through this time and look back at it and see that it wasn't so bad.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

See ya!

Jackie, Nicholas 5.5yrs, Annaliese, 4 yrs

Hi all

I have had bad times also, but I don't think as bad as yours....My recommendation would be to try to get into a 'sleep school' as soon as you can if you are that stressed out. If you can afford it, there are also private consultants (I have NO idea of the cost)......Good luck.....

Leanne, VIC, 10mth son - Fletcher

Hey Leanne

I've considered the sleep school thing, but as I've mentioned in my other posts, I'll stick it out for a little while longer and see if any teeth arrive, and hopefully things will settle down.
If not - it's off to school we go!!!!

Thanks again

Jackie, Nicholas 5.5yrs, Annaliese, 4 yrs

Hi Narelle. Its Sue. sorry i haven't written for a while. I have been so busy with the kids. I haven't been on parenting exhange to read messages these last few months. How is everything? How is jessica? I hope you are well? We are all well. Jessica turned 1 in October 22 nd. sarah is 3 years old and matthew is almost 5 in december 7th 2003. time flies. I can't believe how it goes so quickly. anyway. I hope to hear from you soon.

Merry christmas to you and your family.

susiesmile@optusnet.com.au. write back soon..

sue.

Sue, NSW, 3 Kids

Sign in to follow this topic