Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

FREQUENT WAKING Rss

My lil Ava is now 8 months and has gone through good and bad patches when it comes to sleep. In the beginning we had huge probs with her but just b4 chrissy she started to sleep really well and we had her in a great routine (7pm thru til 6am)
In the past month she started waking between two and eight times per night, sometimes crying and others just playing.
She no longer has a night feed and the minute we go in and give her, her dummy back she goes off to sleep very easily but unfortunatley only a short time goes by and she's awake again sad
I'm not to sure whether it's here teeth making her wake up or her dependancy to her dummy???
I thought my days of sleep deprivation were over.........obviously not!!!
Please someone help :'(
Its sounds like we have the same baby!! My son has never been much of a sleeper, but started sleeping trough at Christmas. Now he is back to waking up of a night, and my hubby always ends up putting him in bed with us. As I start work at 7am, I never argue with the decision at 2am, but I always regret in the morning, because I know we are maing it harder. I thought, like you, it was teeth, but he still has none!!! He will be 9 months old on the 17th. Someone help us!!

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Hi guys,
My son was up to the same tricks a few weeks ago. He was a really good sleeper but all of a sudden he was up at about 10:30pm then 3:30ish then 5:30ish. I knew I was doing the wrong thing because I would breastfeed him and he would go straight back to sleep, but it was just so easy when you're tired. Anyway, from what I have read, it's around this age (7-9months) that their sleeping pattern can break or worsen. I rang my favorite people Tressillian. Not sure if you've heard of them but they are an organisation that deal with sleep problems with young babies (among other things), they are trained midwives, they even have sleep clinics. They have an advice line that you can ring 24hrs a day, for free. Sometimes there is a slight wait on the phone but I think it's worth it. There number is 1800 637 357. Remember, it's an advice line so you don't have to agree with them but their suggestions have worked for me, even though it's been heartbreaking at times, it's worked.
Hope this helps guys, hang in there!
Laura
P.S Remember we wrote to eachother Mardi? Our son's b'days are 2 days apart. Levi will be one on the 19th of July. Happy b'day to your son for July!

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Hi Laura!
I do remember you! Happy birthday to Levi as well for July. Its amazing how fast 9 months has gone hey?

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Sign in to follow this topic