Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Dressing bubs after a bath

Dressing bubs after a bath Rss

Hi all

My friend has a 1 year old whom gets very distressed when it comes time to dressing him after a bath

Please offer your tips and advice

2 Under 1

This post has been edited by the moderator.
My son gets distressed anytime I try to dress him. He hardly ever wears clothes - only when we go out. I think he is just used to being nude. As soon as I lay him down, whether it's to dress him or change him, he cracks it. If I manage to get clothes on he crawls around pulling at them and crying. He won't even wear a bib.

I've started making him wear at least a singlet at home just to get him used to the feeling and when I dress him I do it with him sitting or standing rather than laying down.
Hi Zacs mum,

My son is terrible to dress at any time or change his nappy. Ever since he has become mobile he is a terror.

Firstly i try and grab a toy, but usually lasts 30 secs. I try and get his nappy on, then i dress him sitting in my lap. This keeps him a bit happier. I normally don't do up the studs under his suits till he is standing.

Goodluck with your friends bub,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I think it is a boy thing. My boy cracks it when I change him after his bath. He is usually pretty tired by this stage and really hates the bonds stretch and grow suits. I used to put the dummy in his mouth but now i just let him cry and let him get all tired from the crying.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

My 8 1/2th mth old boy is the same, usually he is really tired so he hates the fiddling dressing bit. I have found the best way is to -
I start at the top end, so I sit him up on the change table (just don't let go of them) This way he is happy and can look around.
To do the bottom end, I keep a supply of toys at the change table (mainly trucks) I give him one and this almost always keeps him busy as he only sees then for a few mins each change time! hence they are really exciting!
Hope it helps someone else....

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi, just like to report that I've found aother way of keeping Ezrah slightly still when dressing. I now do 'Round and round the garden' on his belly while changing nappies and dressing. It seems to keephim laughing now instead of yelling!
Sign in to follow this topic