Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Travelling with baby Rss

I'm heading over to Ireland later this year from New Zealand with a (will be) 7 or 8 month old baby. I'm keen to hear from any one who has travlled long haul with a baby. How did you get on, what how were you treated, how was baby, etc?
Hi Bluegirl,
Im also doing a big trip in Dec, with my son who will be 1 year and 10 months. We are going to England for a month. 19 hour flight I think.
I would like to leave at his normal sleeping time. So at least he will be asleep for most of the trip.
I am also eager to hear from others who have done this with a baby.
Apparanentely if you have a pram your first on and off so thats a plus. And they have sky cots.
Thats all I know.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi girls,

I haven't done this myself but some of my friends have. So I'll see if I can remember some of the things they said.

1) If you want a bassinette book it early!!
2) One who was bottlefeeding said that if she asked the hosties to warm up a bottle it often came back boiling and she had a very hungry baby, so when she flew back she took 8 bottles of boiled water and some spare bottles and got these filled with boiling water then mixed them to get the right temp.
3) Use disposable bibs as well as nappies and take lots and lots of wipes.
4) Your babies may be too big but another piece of advice that someone else may find useful was to take a sling. My friend travelling from Aus to Germany found that coming over here with the stroller for stopovers was really awkward, it had to go through the x-ray machine at Singapore, so found a sling going back much more convenient.

I'll see if my friends have any more advice. At this stage one of them said the fight was actually heaps better because she was busy organising feeds and keeping her son entertained, rather than thinking how incredibly long the flight was!

Good luck to both of you,
Karen

Karen, mum to Gabrielle 1/9/03, #2 edd 24/8/05

Hi, I flew to brisbane from sydney (1hr) with my 6 month old son a few weeks ago and he was fine with the whole plane flight. I am planning on taking him to America when he is 18 months but I am not to sure how he will go then (11hrs).

kellie, NSW, baby aden

Sign in to follow this topic