Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Kindergym Rss

I have a daugther that is 5 months old and I am thinking about taking her to kindergym but I am not sure if she will be to young. She can only roll from her back to her tummy, kick around and squeal. I would like her to get to play with other children.

Can anyone help me with what I should do.

Nellie, SA, Ashlee Cate 5 months

Hi Nellie. My son has been going to gymboree since he was 6 weeks old!! He didnt do very much but I did learn of better ways to play with him and made a great new bunch of friends. The group also had discussion time and just about every subject was mentioned. It was great. Babies need to interact with other babies too. I would go for it. Just give them a call and ask what age they start. Most places have the first class free. I found a advertisement in my letter box the other day about gymnastics and they said there are classes which start from babies. One tip though make sure they have make up classes in case you miss one the other would be to try to get other babies around the age as your baby. Have fun!
Hi, you'll probably already have looked into this by now but i thought i'd write anyway. My kindergym and our area starts at age 2. Before i took mine to kindergym i just was taken them to Playgroup etc to get used to the other kiddies. They have made some life long friends.

Ngari 25, mother of 3

Hi Nellie,
I have been taking my daughter to Kindergym since she was 5 months old (and for 2 months prior to that we went to Gymbaroo). She's now almost 12 months old. It's hard to say whether it has helped her develop motor skills more quickly but now that she can crawl and stand etc. it is a brilliant opportunity for her to really stretch her legs and run riot once a week. She has also had plenty of opportunity to interact with other babies and older children. She especially likes just watching the older children use the equipment which is a great way for her to learn what to do with her body. We live in Adelaide so the age criteria may be different in other states or in the country. If you'd like any more info. you can email me on mkmoody@bigpond.com
Hi Nellie,

I started taking my son to GymbaRoo when he was 6 weeks old. They promote a lot of tummy time and do all sorts of different activities to give your baby lots of stimulation, music and massage and all that sort of thing. It's also all stuff that you can do at home with your baby and it's also a great way for you to meet other Mums. I live in WA but the have GymbaRoo centres all over Australia. Try the website www.gymbaroo.com.au it's got a heap of infomation!!!

Dayna

Mum to Aiden John (born - 1st September 2003)

my daughter is 19 months and i've only been going for a few months i wish i heard about kindergym earlier. its great for confidence, to meet other children same age as your children, time to get out and meet other parents, and a time for your children to have fun in a safe environment.

narelle

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

itook my 1st son to gymba roo at 6 weeks but didnt go back i found them most unhelpful the insructors didnt bother to show me how the equipment wrked with a new baby your not ver sure of thogs anyway esp stnge contraption i woulnt bother find a play group and u will both find friens and hve fn bye

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I would love to take my 6 month old to kinder gym but whenever I take him to the maternal nurse he is always due for a feed or a sleep. What do you do? Do you change his routine or wait till he is older?f Do you make sure baby is not hungry and tired when you get to the gym. What happens if you get to the kinder gym or gymbaroo and all baby wants to do is sleep and starts crying and carries on. Has this happend to anyone?

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic