Huggies Forum

Laundry powder Lock Rss

Hi,

Wondering about which laundry powder to use for newborn. I have a front loading machine and I can only find the sensitive kind for top loaders.
Also, does anyone know if there are fabric softeners for sensitive skin? Maybe without perfume?

Thanks in advance (I'm from Sweden so everything is quite new to me so far...)

Ia, Sydney

I am just using normal laundry powder for our baby's clothes, but you can buy the sensitive kind for both front and top loaders, I know Omo make both, but I'm not sure about the fabric softeners, they are so hard to find without perfume..sad, let alone for sensitive skin, so I am not sure what choices are available,

Cheers
Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Hi there,

I had the same dilemma when Riley was born and discovered that if I gave all of his clothes a soak in 'Nappy San' or similar, then put them in my front loader, then that was enough detergent for washing - I do put in fabric softener though, I use one that I have found in a re-fill pack - 'Fluffy' - Pure and Gentle for Sensitive Skin. I have had no problems - clothes come out clean and fresh. smile

Linda - mum to Riley 13.04.04 (#2 Due 29.12.05)

I have always used wool wash only, on my mum's advice! I dont have a front loader but she does and uses it on hers. Not sure about fabric softerers. Hope this helps.

jen, mum to sahra born 28.6.04

I used to used sensitive washing powder for my daughters clothes but I now use normal powder.
I still use Fluffy pure and gentle fabric softener for sensitive skin, you add it to water to make 2 litres.
smile

Adelaide, sahm, 2 boys 1 girl

Hi,
I use Lux soap flakes but I don't think you can use this in a front loader. At my ante-natal class I also recall them saying "Cuddly" fabric softner was good.

My babies are all grown up sad

hi,
I also use Lux soap flakes, and fluffy pure and gentle, Clothes come out so soft and smell great. their are so many brands out there its hard to choose, but Lux actully support the ABA(australian breastfeeding association) and many mum's have used this in my family, dating back to my great great grandmother. So I guess it has stood the test of time. and almost has a place on our family tree.

renee, Qld,mum to Caitlyn 25/2/04 grin

Hi
I used Lux flakes with my first baby, but have used normal washing powder with the other three and found no difference. It just depends on how sensitive their skin is.

jo, kids, 13, 11, 8 & 2yrs

My kids all have sensitive skin there has only been two washing poweders I can use for them, COld power or radiant, everything else makes them itch or their excema falres up, I have even used radiant to wash my baby girls clothes in from day one.

I dont use fabric softner, as they are bad for my kids, to make the clothes softer, I just put them in the dryer for 10 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mel
Mum to 6 kiddies
[email protected]

Hi...

I use cold power and fluffy softner on our clothes and on Isabellas' too and she has never had any problems with it. To be honest I never even thought that washing powders could cause any probs. Shows how much I know!! lol

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

Hi , Iv'e bought Lux flakes to try and when I dissolve them in hot water they wont dissolve! They just go into a gluey texture. Is this how it's meant to look? I use boiling water to try and melt them but no luck.

jen, mum to sahra born 28.6.04

has anyone tried amolin? I use it all the time. it's so much quicker and easier than lux flakes.

Di, vic, Jai born 17/8/04

Sign in to follow this topic