Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Swimming Lessons in Cold weather

Swimming Lessons in Cold weather Lock Rss

Hi,

Our mothers group is going to start swimming lessons in a few weeks and even though the pool is heated I am still, worried about Kyla (and me) getting too cold.
How have other people found there bubs in heated pools? I figure it will be alright as this is a private pool and apparently the pool and change rooms are all in the same area so you don't have to walk through a freezing hall to get to them.

Also what sizes do the little swimmers come in?

Thanks
That is really exciting, doing swimming lessons as a group. Are you scared about getting into a pair of swimmers? I'm so glad DH takes DD in the pool as I'd scare all the other kids - lol.

DD has been having lessons since last October, so this will be our first winter. Our pool is heated, although, some kids seem to turn blue if they are in the water too long.

I wrap DD in a big thick towel straight away. We've had some pretty cold days so I have made sure DD has a jacket and beanie on before we leave the building. I remember mum use to drive me nuts saying 'dont go outside with wet hair or you'll catch a cold'. As annoying as that was as a kid, I think she was probably right - lol.

The little swimmers come in a few ranges based on kilograms, much like napp13z. I find them fantastic. Its only a 5 minute drive to our pool so I dress DD in her swimmers before we go. That seems to make things a lot quicker and easier.

Best of luck - I think you will all really enjoy it.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

That is great that you go in a group and your little one will love it cause my daughter goes swimming every tuesday for half hour and she loves it and cant wait when we get there so she can play in the water and where her swimming lessons a its a private house so its build with a heater inside.

Jaye started her swimming lessons in January and this will be her first winter for swimming but normally after she has finish swimming I dry her down and wrap a towel around her and make sure she is warm and put her into the car and go home and give her a warm shower straight away so she can warm up and give her a feed and a sleep.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic