Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

keeping warm at night Rss

my 5 1/2 month old daughter has freezing hands and face in the mornings when i get her up. what can i do to keep them warm during winter. her body and legs stay warm but her hands especially are very cold. i dont want to use a heater in her room as i think its dangerous. do other mothers use beanies and mittens???

any advice would be great!!

Thanx

Cheryl,SA,Danika born 24.10.03 Matthew born 5.3.05

Hi Danika's Mum
I went to my parents group today and watched a video on SID'S and they say you shouldn't put a hat on your baby's head while sleeping as it will retain heat......also I mentioned to my health nurse that my baby has always got cold hands and feet and she said most babies do and the best way to tell if your baby is hot or cold is by feeling the nape of the neck.....though when I do that my baby has always got a warm neck so I dont know how well that works but I thought I would let you know.
I have bought a little heater for my baby's room for when Winter sets in to take the chill out the air, its one of those electric ones that looks like a radiator and has oil in it that heats up. So there are no heated bars nor is there any dry hot air being blown from it so it is not dangerous.

WA 15 month old

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Cheryl,

Have you tried the Bonds wondersuits that have fold over hand mit thingys. They have them on the feet and hands. I am sorry but i can't remember the name at the moment, but i am sure there would be a website with info!

They are a little more expensive, but you get a lot more wear out of them. When they get too small, you just can't put the hands and feet part over!

If i am making no sense, please ask questions,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Cheryl,

I'm glad you bought this up as I was wondering the same thing. My 8 month old daughter's hands are like ice in the morning. I was thinking of mittens too but wondering about SIDS. I'm going to buy some flannelette sheets for her cot.

Tepe - the bonds wondersuits are good with the fold over hands, but I think they stop at 00, mores the pity.

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

thanx to everyone that has replied.

i put mittens on her hands the other night and it worked a treat!! i also put a cap on, i dont think it would pose a SIDS threat as it is so cold that there is no way that she would over heat.
i bought danika flanelette sheets and they are also good. i heard those oil heaters are safe, but i still would rather not have one in her room. however ill see how cold it gets this winter as im sure that breathing in all that freezing air would not be good for her.
i have those bonds wondersuits but i didnt notice the built in mittens part...thanx for telling me!!

thanx again

cheryl

Cheryl,SA,Danika born 24.10.03 Matthew born 5.3.05

Hi again,

It finally came to me, they are called Cosy cuffs, the Bonds suits i was talking about!

Phantom, i just bought a pair in size 1, so they do have bigger sizes. Maybe the shop you were at didn't stock them bigger, who knows. :~

I fortunately have a Bonds factory store nearby, so maybe they may not even make them any more.

Next time i head out there i will ask, and if i see any around, i will let you know.

Best of luck everyone,

Tepe

baby bonds suits with the fold over cuffs go up to a size 2. from big w stores

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi Tepe,

I just rechecked my bonds suits in size 1 and they didn't have the cuffs. I get them from BigW, so I might need to look and see if I can see any cozy cuffs ones. The ones I have, have a bear on them and the words baby bonds written underneath the bear. Will look a bit harder next time I am in Big W.

Bron

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Hi Bron,

I haven't seen them in Big W for ages to be honest. As i mentioned, i got mine from a factory outlet. Maybe it might be worth inquiring,

Tepe

i was wrong the cuffs only go to size 1 but the bonds suits go to size 2.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

i know that safeway stores have them

tayla 16/08/03

Sign in to follow this topic