Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Sleeping Issues Rss

I am wondering if anyone might have some advice for a mum and dad who need to get a full nights sleep! Our daughter Mackenzie was sleeping beautifully through the night until only about 2-3 weeks ago. Now she will wake numerous times through the night but not because she is hungry. As soon as you unwrap her and then wrap her back up again she pretty much goes straight back off to sleep. Sometimes she will grizzle for a little while but will then go to sleep. But like last night, she had us up 4 times and was not hungry, did not need her nappy changed etc. When I tried popping her dummy back in her mouth she just spat it straight back at me.

We are not sure what to try next but both work full time and are finding it very difficult to function some days.

Stephanie, NSW, Mother of Mackenzie

Stephanie

I had the same problem with my daughter at 4 months & I stopped wrapping her. Soon as I did she rolled on to her tummy and sleeps this way all the time I think they are to restricted being wrapped as they get older.
Try & see what happens.

Good Luck

Bec
Hi, it sure does make it hard when the little darlings decide they want to be awake when we want to be asleep!!!

Ella (now 6.5months) started doing that about a couple of months ago to, usually just for no apparent reason. I would go into her, pick her up give her a cuddle and she'd go back off to sleep (expect for everynow and then she'd convince me she was hungry). Eventually i got sick of getting up 2-3 times a night so I let her cry a couple of times, usually not serious crying and it'd only last 3-5minutes, luckily because i hate letting her cry, then she'd give up and go back to sleep. Now TOUCHWOOD she sleeps 7pm to 6-6.30am. I think it seems to be about this age that they start going through some pretty big changes and really throw your/their routines about! I've certianly noticed that with Ella.

Good luck!!!! Hope you get some sleep soon! Let us know how you go.
Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

Hi Stephanie,
I would discard the wrapping, especially now that the weather is warming up and that your daughter can move about some in her cot.
Once she gets use to sleeping without something wrapped tightly around her hopefully you will get a better nights sleep.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi Belinda, my little girl is doing exactly what Ella was doing - I was wondering if she is bottle or breast fed, and if she is having any solids yet. I have entertained the thought of letting Sienna cry (she is 5 1/2 months) but she is still exclusively breastfed and figure she is really hungry - she gets fed at least once a night.
Kellie

Kellie, WA

Loulou,
you are the only one here that has noticed the obvious. Babies let you know what they need just observe what they are trying to do.... ie: kicking of blankets ( what do you other parents do when you are hot? Most people tend to shed as many layers of bedding as they can - to just a light sheet) . My 2 week old son was doing the same thing, & no wonder with weather as warm & humid as it has been.
Still I make sure my son is tucked in nice & firmly and he's now content for longer periods of time.
Sign in to follow this topic