Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

formulas Rss

There are so many formulas out on the market and I would appreciate your recommendations and experiences with different formulas. I have changed from S26 Gold to the karicare gold. Ta!
i used karicare as i was told it was the most like breast milk (not sure how they know do they taste test?) and i was essentially breast feeding and just wanting formula for when i was away from bubs. he took that no worries but i couldn't get it one day and got heinz instead and he guzzled that too!! i could be wrong but i would imagine that they would all basically contain the same nutrients etc and so whatever works for you

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Mary,

I started Corey on S26, but he always seemed hungry so we changed to S26 gold. We couldn't get that one day so I tried him on Karicare Gold and he took to that with no problems.

I also think they are all much alike.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

Hi,
It would depend on how old your bubs are, but when my babies were 6.5 months onwards, I put them onto cows milk. 50% milk, 50% boiled water. I also added a vitamin called Pentivite, brought from the chemists. My eldest son wouldn't take any formula after I weaned him from the breast, so I tried cows milk and he loved it. I know they say not to give cows milk to babies under 1 year, but it did not harm my eldest son, or my daughter, and my 7.5 month old is currently on it for his lunch time feed, and it isn't harming him. The doctor said he is very healthy, and he is gaining weight well. My sister in law is having trouble trying to convert her son (now 20.5 months) to cows milk, and is still spending a fortune on formulas every week. I wouldn't recommend cows milk to babies under 6 months, and if you do give your baby cows milk, make sure it is diluted 50% milk, to 50% water, until they are at least 12 months old. Good luck on your decisions.

Mother of 3, Qld

I too changed my daughter from S26 Gold to Karicare Gold. The S26 formula is also known to cause constipation in babies, which it did with Ella and since changing we've had no problems.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

I changed from S26 to Karicare Goats Milk when Ben was 6 months. He stopped putting on weight but that may have been due to him crawling. I had to change ben because he was spewing but he still did with the goats milk. Now I give him it weaker - i will be putting him onto cows milk soon - maybe real goats milk.

Rebecca, Qld - Bens 1 on Saturday!

Hi mary, I first tried my son on s26 but he got very constipated. So I gave him Nan1 and It got better. Apparantely, s26 is like cows milk and nan is more like breast milk. Now he has nan2 the follow on and is still doing well.

Mum of 10 month old Jackson

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

I used Karicare with my son as that was the formula used at the maternity hospital.

He never had any problems with it and seemed to thrive.

I didn't use the Gold just the normal Karicare.

Therese, BRISBANE, 3yr old boy 6 wk girl

I weaned Zach onto S26 when he was 3 months old but found that it gave him the runs big time! so I bought Heinz Nurture Starter and have never looked back! it seems to be closer to breast milk and his bowel movements are much more regular and look like they were when he was breastfeeding. I think it comes down to trial and error, all babies are different so try a range of formulas and whatever works best for your baby, stick to it.
HI, I have always used S26 Gold as I was told it was the better one of them all due to all these extra things in it. At first Kiefer seemed to get an upset tummy from it which it was suggested that the oils in it might be doing it so I tried normal S26, but it got worse so i swapped back. He is now 6 months old and we have no problems. Its funny, but in New Zealand it has never been mentioned about the constipation with S26 -Gold, yet all the Australian comments mention constipation with S-26 Gold. I have heard that the Karicare is very good though, and I would probably use this one if we have another child.

Deena NZ New mum

Hi Maryt,
I too started on S26Gold but changed to Karicare Gold as the S26 brand was making Ella constipated.
We then found out that for some reason S26 is known for causing babies to get constipated.
Karicare Gold also seemed to be a thicker formula.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

I have never had any problems with the S-26 brand both my children have thrived on it with no signs of constipation! Is the Karicare brand of formula cheaper than S-26? Formula is getting so expensive so if there is a cheaper one out there that is just as good please let me know!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic